Why become a member? ×

'91 Warwick Streamer Stage I

warwickhunt

Blimey lads, thanks for the support; seriously thanks!

I've a feeling that I'm selling this bass short and with the current economic climate I'm not likely to get top dollar but I have my eye (or should that be ear) on other tones and sounds, otherwise I'd hold on to this till it regained the value it deserves. I probably know better than most that the value of this bass is way higher than I'm offering it for when put into the context of what a new one costs against the craftsmanship and quality of these early instruments but unfortunately I don't have a bottomless pit of finance for the basses I'd like to acquire added to which the missus will 'kin crown me if I walk in with one more bass and one hasn't gone out :huh:

Ultimately a bass is worth what someone will pay for it and at the moment regardless of what we all know and feel about early Warwicks this just obviously isn't worth the money I want for it... if this doesn't go this weekend I think I'll take on board the comments made and stick this away. It just means the Dolphin will have to come out for sale :)

Thanks again one and all.

I can't believe this bass is not flying out, the only bass that superceded My '87 Thumb 5 (now sold) is my Alembic and if I could afford to I would have kept it.
Your bass is worth a lot more it seems to me mate.
People seem into Fenders so much and I feel much of the desire for them is fashion and cosmetic, they don't all sound good (of course some are awesome) and are nowhere near as consistent as the early Warwicks.
Jake

Edited by jakesbass

It is a raite shame to see these awesome instruments go for low amounts, I admire these over Fender! Hope this doesnt continue for years to come.

You know I cud get this, I do have the money but unfortunately I have intentions of Getting a 5 String Streamer, Stage 1 or 2, not a clue yet!

Good luck with the sale man, all the best.

:)

[quote]I admire these over Fender![/quote]

Schhhh you can't say that, the Fender Mafia have ears!

I admire a lot over Fender myself but there's no accounting for taste :)

I've seen this bass in 'ein Fleish' and golden age of Warwick it surely is. If I wasn't shedding too many basses I'd be seriously tempted.

I've had a response to an ad that I placed in 'Ad-trader' and someone is coming to view this weekend. The sale price is for more than I have it advertised on here and it is sans free strings, shipping etc. so this bass is on hold at the moment. I'll update as and when :)

Thanks

Here's a couple of pics of the back. Coincidentally, all Warwick basses of this period would be neck-thru, they didn't have a budget or bolt-on range at that time.

I do have to say that if this local guy doesn't come through I do have one BCer who wants first refusal BUT I don't want to put anyone off (no disrespect to the BCer who wants 1st refusal) as deals have a habit of not always coming to fruition!

I guess this is just not meant to reside within the BC community, so duly withdrawn!

Due to the fact that there are about half a dozen SSIs on eBay at the moment, none for less than £700 and certainly none offering free postage and gratis strings etc, I'd be an idiot for considering lowering this price. I'll see how the eBay basses go then chance my arm at relisting it on there.