Why become a member? ×

BASS CABS

metalicman

Bassbunny brought a couple of slightly different spec Zoot cabs to the North West Bass Bash - I was well impressed with them. So much so that I asked him to PM me all the specs and supply details so that I could look into them further.

Try a PM to him and have a read of the North West Bash event review here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15431"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15431[/url]
coz I'm sure the the cabs are mentioned more than once or twice.

HTH

[quote name='metalicman' post='160024' date='Mar 19 2008, 12:16 AM']HELLO ALL
DOES ANYONE KNOW, OR HAS ANYONE HEARD OF
ZOOT BASS CABS.
IF SO CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE LIKE. HEARD THEM MENTIONED BUT HAVE NO INFO ON THEM. ANYONE GOT ONE ?
CHEERS
CHRIS[/quote]

Oh, by the way. THIS IS CONSIDERED TO BE SHOUTING. No need for it.

[quote name='Scoop' post='160073' date='Mar 19 2008, 08:54 AM']Oh, by the way. THIS IS CONSIDERED TO BE SHOUTING. No need for it.[/quote]
thanks for the info scoop and from what i have heard these cabs are worth shouting about, if i get any info i will put in on here.

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='160463' date='Mar 19 2008, 08:13 PM']Chill out. I'm sure he just left his caps lock on![/quote]
thanks for the back up mate yea caps lock was on, didnt have my glasses on he he he cant see a damn thing without them but still think i can, if you know what i mean. looking forward to some feed back on these cabs

• 6 months later...

[quote name='alexclaber' post='291936' date='Sep 25 2008, 04:19 PM']Interesting review that - left me wondering whether BGM needs a technical editor... :)

Alex[/quote]

Hummmmmm you are not alone ..

Also what were they doing reviewing a Bag End ("not available in the UK") and not doing a Schroeder - available in the UK via SHX, and popular on BC ... or Markbass - available on every high street???

I spent a couple of hours at the Bass merchant trying them out, the 2x10s I could hold at arm's length (for a second), and sounded great (to me!). The only downside for me was the handles: multiple-edge handles that mean you can hold it easily in 2 hands but can't in one, making the light weight less useful!

[quote name='OldGit' post='291945' date='Sep 25 2008, 04:28 PM']Hummmmmm you are not alone ..

Also what were they doing reviewing a Bag End ("not available in the UK") and not doing a Schroeder - available in the UK via SHX, and popular on BC ... or Markbass - available on every high street???[/quote]
Most music mags just review what they get sent - hence what people regarded as an unnatural fondness for reviewing Warwick stuff. SHX may not have had a cab available or maybe they were not asked.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='292253' date='Sep 25 2008, 10:31 PM']Most music mags just review what they get sent - hence what people regarded as an unnatural fondness for reviewing Warwick stuff. SHX may not have had a cab available or maybe they were not asked.[/quote]

Yeah I appreciate that, and the probable relationship between reviews and advertising ....
Sean doesn't actually hold much stock but I am sure he could have got a cab from Jorg if he'd been asked ..

I still don't get why they reviewed a BagEnd though ..

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='292292' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:11 PM']Yeah I appreciate that, and the probable relationship between reviews and advertising ....
Sean doesn't actually hold much stock but I am sure he could have got a cab from Jorg if he'd been asked ..

[b]I still don't get why they reviewed a BagEnd though ..[/b][/quote]

The more the merrier! Just supposition, but if they'd reviewed a limited number of cabs it'd have made the shoot-out a bit worthless so 'maybe' they dragged a couple of cabs in off the street!

[i][size=1]Sits back and waits to be informed of the 'real reason' :) [/size][/i]

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='292305' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:24 PM']The more the merrier! Just supposition, but if they'd reviewed a limited number of cabs it'd have made the shoot-out a bit worthless so 'maybe' they dragged a couple of cabs in off the street!

[i][size=1]Sits back and waits to be informed of the 'real reason' :) [/size][/i][/quote]

Well yeah, but a BagEnd? In the review they even say they are not available in the UK ...

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='293122' date='Sep 26 2008, 09:58 PM']I don't let the local availability of a particular cab bother me when I'm looking for a cab, a bass, or an amp, and am therefore interested in hearing the results of a shootout between various cabs regardless of availability or otherwise...

(personally speaking of course)[/quote]

Fair enough ...
I like to dream too .. I even watch Top Gear :)