Why become a member? ×

Changes @ Warwick...

Lfalex v1.1

Warwick seem to have made a few changes, primarily in the removal of a lot of SN (glued-in) Neck models.

[i]Gone;[/i]

[b]Infinity[/b] SN
[b]Vampyre[/b] SN
[b]Streamer[/b] ChromeTone (Not much of a loss IMO!)
[b]Corvette[/b] Proline

[i]Added;[/i]

[b]Star II[/b]

[i]Remaining;[/i]

[b]Corvette[/b] ,FNA, $$, Taranis
[b]Streamer[/b] LX S1, S2, Jazzman, $$
[b]Katana
Stryker
Buzzard[/b]
[b]Thumb
Infinity[/b] NT
[b]Vampyre[/b] NT, Darklord BO
[b]Dolphin
Triumph
Alien[/b]

What an odd mix they now have!
Lots of Special editions which carry big upcharges for not a lot except nicer woods and aesthetic changes.
(The Zebrano Streamer $$ Uk edition looks nice, but they only made 10, and the Custom Shop would do exactly that for you anyway... So what's the point?)

Also;

Was string shopping yesterday, and saw-

Red Labels
Yellow Labels
Black Labels
EMPs

and some in a black pack with blue stripes.
Any ideas? Are they doing cheapo strings now?

Check it out!

[url="http://Warwick.de"]Warwick.de![/url]

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

I downloaded the Warwick Customshop price list the other day.. somewhat mystifying as to how they can justify it..

[url="http://www.warwick.de/media/prices/Warwick_Instr_UK.pdf"]http://www.warwick.de/media/prices/Warwick_Instr_UK.pdf[/url]

I just adore some of the custom Warwicks, but to be frank I find their custom pricing is close to being ridiculous. Sure they look the dogs whatsits, but a damn expensive set of dogs whatsits!

Having said that if someone offered me one of the NT Corvette's with maple neck, Koa top and a pair of SD soapbars I wouldn't say no.

[quote name='The Funk' post='159449' date='Mar 18 2008, 10:29 AM']Oh dear. The Star bass looks like their attempt at actually using all the work they put into Jack Bruce's Cream reunion Gibson EB3-inspired bass and applying it to the semi-acoustic Gibson basses.[/quote]

However if it sounds and plays as nicely as the Jack Bruce model then I may well find myself in possession of a Warwick at some point. It would be good if they replaced the standard Warwick headstock with something a bit more sympathetic to the rest of the design though...

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='160076' date='Mar 19 2008, 09:03 AM']The headstock remark is equally valid for any of the pointier shapes;

Buzzard
Stryker
Vampyre

Could all do with ditching the "blob"...[/quote]

I believe Warwick have ditched the "blob" on the Stryker and now its the same as the Buzzard headstock. Shame the Buzzard bolt-on has the blob.

I own a Vampyre LTD and wish it had a buzzard style headstock. There is a bloke on the warwick forums who makes mockups of possible custom shop basses. He made a Photoshopped Vampyre with the buzzard headstock and I almost died! Was very tasty! And I need it but won't happen :)