Why become a member? ×

Alain Caron

fender73

[quote name='Doddy' post='1373723' date='Sep 14 2011, 08:56 PM']His album 'Le Band' blew me away when I first heard it,as did 'Rhythm and Jazz'.His live album and DVD is really cool too.
As well as his solo stuff check out his work with UZEB and his sideman work with guys like Frank Gambale.[/quote]

Cheers Doddy

Graeme

I'd also like to check out this guy's work, and so (please don't get me wrong with my question) - is there an album/DVD with him playing something else than cheesy 90's fusion? I've listened to some stuff from 'Le Band" and it just wasnt happening for me.. Maybe I should be looking at later stuff (2000-present , or something like that..) ?

easy
Laimis

[quote name='Faithless' post='1374562' date='Sep 15 2011, 03:46 PM']I'd also like to check out this guy's work, and so (please don't get me wrong with my question) - [b]is there an album/DVD with him playing something else than cheesy 90's fusion?[/b] I've listened to some stuff from 'Le Band" and it just wasnt happening for me.. Maybe I should be looking at later stuff (2000-present , or something like that..) ?

easy
Laimis[/quote]
Nope :)

[quote name='wombatboter' post='1375385' date='Sep 16 2011, 12:21 PM']"Le Band" I liked a lot and I still think that his slapping is a bit more musical than what others seem to accomplish..
The technique he has developed makes his slap more melodical and it leaves the "open E-string"-territory where a lot of bass-players linger just a little too much sometimes..[/quote]

Yeah, 'Le Band' is great. I really like Alain's slap playing and tone. It's incredible the way that he can play those complex melodies (like 'Freedom Jazz Dance') with such precision and clarity. I wish I knew how he did it!!

[quote name='Kevin Glasgow' post='1375813' date='Sep 16 2011, 08:22 PM']Yeah, 'Le Band' is great. I really like Alain's slap playing and tone. It's incredible the way that he can play those complex melodies (like 'Freedom Jazz Dance') with such precision and clarity. I wish I knew how he did it!![/quote]

Practice.

As for his stuff, ok guys, I'll check "Le Band" (whole album this time) and his new album, but I can't promise anything..

easy
Laimis

Hi
For a different experience try the album Caron Ecay Lockwood, no drums, effectively a string trio, some fantastic bass playing and a lovely album just to listen to. Loads of stuff on Spotify as well.
Saw him recently with Mike Stern and Didier Lockwood, stunning concert in all respects.
Regards
Jim