Why become a member? ×

Kid in a toy shop!

molan

Phil, the owner of BassGear has a gig up in Yorkshire tonight and asked if I'd be around to keep an eye on the showroom today.

So here I am surrounded by multiple Foderas, Alleva Coppolos, Zons, Boulder Creeks, Bag Ends, MarkBasses and various other pre-owned basses from Warwick, Ibanex, ESP, Fender etc.

To cap it all I picked up a lovely old Fender '73 Jazz on the way here!

So, the big questions are, which bass to try first though which amp / cab combinations?

Phil still has his relocation sale on (although I think it's going to end soon as he's now mostly set up in Twyford) - this could be an expensive day. . .

[quote name='molan' post='1360833' date='Sep 3 2011, 11:52 AM']Phil, the owner of BassGear has a gig up in Yorkshire tonight and asked if I'd be around to keep an eye on the showroom today.

So here I am surrounded by multiple Foderas, Alleva Coppolos, Zons, Boulder Creeks, Bag Ends, MarkBasses and various other pre-owned basses from Warwick, Ibanex, ESP, Fender etc.

To cap it all I picked up a lovely old Fender '73 Jazz on the way here!

So, the big questions are, which bass to try first though which amp / cab combinations?

Phil still has his relocation sale on (although I think it's going to end soon as he's now mostly set up in Twyford) - this could be an expensive day. . .[/quote]

hard life innit? :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1360854' date='Sep 3 2011, 12:05 PM']Hey Barrie, any new Alleva's arrived? :)[/quote]

Waiting to hear from Jimmy - he often gets cancelled orders and stuff just sometimes 'pops up'!

Jus the two walnut J basses & the cherry sparkle KBP4 here at the moment.

The new '73 J that I picked up today is currently getting the most play through a MarkBass 2x10 combo :)