Why become a member? ×

FS: Certainbass Precision. Black & Maple ... WITHDRAWN.

Sagawa

[color=#000080][font=georgia,serif][size=5]Considering selling my custom made Certainbass, due to being really skint. I would still have a Jim Deacon & A Squier P due work with, which would probably not make as much if I were to flog 'em.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000080][font=georgia,serif][size=5]The bass in question is a black P bass with maple reverse neck, SD 1/4 pounder, black pickguard. (pics to follow)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font=georgia,serif][size=5]SOLID construction & brilliant sound. Reliable & sturdy. Also sporting a small Betty Page sticker. Ooh la la ;-) (Oh - and an Iron Cross screwed to the headstock)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000080][font=georgia,serif][size=5]I paid around £600 for it's creation in the US, so would be looking for a decent offer - but don't want to price myself outta the market. £400 maybe ... * [u][b]will take £300 ONO.[/b][/u][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000080][font=georgia,serif][size=5]Leave me some comments. Lemme know what you guys think ...[/size][/font][/color]

[size=3][url="http://www.certainbass.com/"]www.certainbass.com[/url][/size]

Edited by Sagawa

I have a Certainbass '61 style P-bass with clay dots, seymour duncan antiquity II pickup, sunburst body, it's brilliant, I've not met a nicer p-bass, it plays beautifully and sounds superb! It kills the fender p's I've had and even the vintage ones I've tried in shops!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1360178' date='Sep 2 2011, 05:51 PM']Not seen one of these before and I'd be interested to see what the reverse neck looks like (assuming it is a reverse headstock with tuners on bottom as per a leftie neck on a rightie body).[/quote]

It is indeed a lefty neck, but has had fret-markers added & the nut turned round (natch.) :-)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1361837' date='Sep 4 2011, 03:23 PM']Is it an aftermarket neck and/or was it done at the factory (so to speak)?[/quote]

As a one man outfit...mr certain builds to order so anything he sends out is factory fresh as it were

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1361837' date='Sep 4 2011, 03:23 PM']Is it an aftermarket neck and/or was it done at the factory (so to speak)?[/quote]

These basses are all created by David Cirtain. He's a one-man-factory. He takes yer makes them to order. I asked for a lefty neck on a righty bass & he obliged (and charged me accordingly for putting the fret-markers on te other side of the neck ...)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Sagawa' timestamp='1315148155' post='1361861']
These basses are all created by David Cirtain. He's a one-man-factory. He takes yer makes them to order. I asked for a lefty neck on a righty bass & he obliged (and charged me accordingly for putting the fret-markers on te other side of the neck ...)
[/quote]

Well if you count created as "Parts ordered through to him and assembled by him" then sure. Pretty sure the majority of parts were sourced in China until recently.