Why become a member? ×

Recommend me a bass!

Evil Undead

Ok, so I've been thinking about going custom, but also wanting to keep my options open with regards to a new bass. I'll be selling/trading my beloved Warwick Corvette to hopefully get "the one bass" (I know, I sound like Gollum) that I'll be hopefully happy with for a few years.

So I would like some recommendations for basses that are already available on the market. I've so far been looking at Spector, Ibanez, Warwick, ESP/LTD, Schecter, Dean, amongst others. Budget - ideally £600, but I could go up to £800 for the right bass - and I don't mind buying new or used.

My main criteria are - neck through construction, 5 strings, and has to be under 8.5lbs due to back trouble. I play classic rock & punk with one band and metal with another.

Any suggestions? Feel free to post pics, I'm never opposed to poring over basses.

GO! :)

Edited by Evil Undead

[quote name='Randy_Marsh' post='1349331' date='Aug 23 2011, 07:21 PM']I'd go for a Musicman Stingray. Particularly the one that Rumble is selling at the minute, looks a real beaut. They're not neck through basses though.

That or a Spector[/quote]

Both, as fives, are usually comfortably (or should that be uncomfortably) over 8.5lbs...

[quote name='Randy_Marsh' post='1349331' date='Aug 23 2011, 07:21 PM']I'd go for a Musicman Stingray. Particularly the one that Rumble is selling at the minute, looks a real beaut. They're not neck through basses though.

That or a Spector[/quote]

Neck through is a must, plus stingrays are too heavy

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1349293' date='Aug 23 2011, 06:41 PM']...I'll be selling/trading my beloved Warwick Corvette to hopefully get "the one bass" (I know, I sound like Gollum) that I'll be hopefully happy with for a few years....[/quote]
If you think your current bass is that good I wouldn't sell it. I'd spend the money upgrading your amp and cab.

I have a Spector Euro up for sale... :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=149896&hl=spector"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=spector[/url]

It's a 4 string but works great strung BEAD, the previous owner had it strung like that.
PM me if interested, I need it gone thanks to a considerable bill (ahem*Rickenbacker*) so could do you a great price...