Why become a member? ×

Shuker "Pub/Stealth Bass" - An All Black 33" Jazz Bass

eude

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='323805' date='Nov 6 2008, 10:38 PM']Excellent news Mr Eude, the long awaited pics of the neck.....looking good[/quote]

Hey bud,
yeah, I'm pretty chuffed with it, the Mahogany looks nice :)
Not long now...

Eude

[quote name='eude' post='323802' date='Nov 6 2008, 10:36 PM']Anyone see the stock J Bass on the Shuker site?
It's got me all excited...[/quote]

Your neck looks good ..

Yeah there's a few new basses on Jon's site.. I daren't look, specially at this headless SC ...

[quote name='OldGit' post='323826' date='Nov 6 2008, 11:05 PM']Your neck looks good ..

Yeah there's a few new basses on Jon's site.. I daren't look, specially at this headless SC ...
[/quote]

Don't start dude, my GAS for a headless right now is just stupid!
Thinking of what I can sell to scrape up a deposit...

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='OldGit' post='323826' date='Nov 6 2008, 11:05 PM']Yeah there's a few new basses on Jon's site.. I daren't look, specially at this headless SC ...[/quote]
It's a good job I don't like singlecuts or bolt-ons. And that I don't have £1800 sloshing round looking for something to spend it on...

[quote name='OldGit' post='325693' date='Nov 10 2008, 09:05 AM']Your other kidney?
:)[/quote]

I don't think any of my vital organs would be worth anything given the sustained alcoholism they've subjected to throughout my adult years.
On the other hand though, they'd be well marinaded, might be quite the delicacy in some parts...

[quote name='jonthebass' post='325921' date='Nov 10 2008, 01:57 PM']Looking good Eude.
I tried most of those stock basses out when I collected my bass...they are all very nice![/quote]

Cheers mate,
I'd been real patient up till now, but now I know it's only a matter of weeks away, it's becoming unbearable!
How you getting on with your J Bass?

Eude

[quote name='eude' post='325942' date='Nov 10 2008, 02:21 PM']How you getting on with your J Bass?[/quote]

Hi Eude,
I'm getting on great with it, it sounds and plays lovely.
The neck is bang on Precision shaped and feels great. The SD Classic Stack P'ups are really nice sounding units aswell.

Cheers,
Jon.

• 3 weeks later...

A lovely bass in time for Christmas, excellent timing!

I like to think that every finished bass means that mine gets one place further up the queue :)

Remember that we expect plenty of photos!

Edited by peted

[quote name='7string' post='346453' date='Dec 5 2008, 02:31 PM'][b]Eude[/b] - I understand your excitement :huh:[/quote]

It's terrible and awesome all at the same time!

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='346459' date='Dec 5 2008, 02:34 PM']:) :huh: i'm such a child, but seriously that is good news that its not to far off[/quote]

No no, I laughed a lot even as I wrote it!

Eude

Right, one last decision to make.
Control layout and knobs...

Either going with this >>
[attachment=16966:DSCN5071.jpg]

or this >>
[attachment=16967:DSCN5072.jpg]

Any thoughts?
I'm leaning towards the more traditional straight line layout, I don't think 3 knobs are enough to follow the curve of the body.
Oh, and I need to decide on either Lakland style Rubber knobs or the standard Black Metal Dome ones Jon usually uses, like in the pics.

Cheers,
Eude

My vote goes for the Straight line

And some kind of matt black knobs :) with some kind of position indicator thing so you can see if it's on or off without having to twiddle or play something to find out.
EG I always attach my P bass knobs so the grub screw is in a specific and visible place for me to see when they are set to full on.

Hey guys,
yeah I think you're all right, the more traditional layout is the way to go.

[b]Oldgit[/b], I'd never thought of using the grub screws to keep an eye on things, might get my allen key out tonight and investigate.
Live with my band I only really use the one sound on my 6er, so not really necessary on that one, however, this is a new bass, so who knows how I'll use it :)

[b]Stylon[/b], not so sure about shifting the controls so much, as I'm looking for a more classic look with this bass.
They'd be well out the way leaving plenty of room for crazy technique though...

Cheers guys,
Fingers crossed I'll have the bass in about a week!

Eude