Why become a member? ×

here a lovely squire oh i mean fender

[quote name='lanark' post='1331841' date='Aug 8 2011, 11:14 AM']Excuse my dumbness, but how can you tell it's a Squier and not a Fender, when it says Fender on the headstock and the photos don't really show you much?[/quote]
Without even looking at the pics, the fact that he's admitted to there not being a serial number is your starter for ten. :)

[quote name='lanark' post='1331841' date='Aug 8 2011, 11:14 AM']Excuse my dumbness, but how can you tell it's a Squier and not a Fender, when it says Fender on the headstock and the photos don't really show you much?[/quote]

Bit suspicious that there are no serial numbers anywhere.

I hope that whoever the poor sod that buys it collects in person.
Those plastic mirror type p/g's shatter quite easily. That one looks to be under so much stress with the cheapo pups being amateurishly jammed in there that I doubt it'll take the bashing that it will undoubtedly get in the post.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1332095' date='Aug 8 2011, 02:04 PM']I hope that whoever the poor sod that buys it collects in person.
Those plastic mirror type p/g's shatter quite easily. That one looks to be under so much stress with the cheapo pups being amateurishly jammed in there that I doubt it'll take the bashing that it will undoubtedly get when the buyer smacks the seller in the face with it.[/quote]

Fixed it for you.

[quote name='bremen' post='1331976' date='Aug 8 2011, 01:01 PM']I've asked him 'Does this bass have the original pickup, or the one you bought on Ebay from chguitars? '[/quote]

Couldn't resist either. Sent "does this have the original 'Fender' one or the £15 one you bought recently on Ebay? Spose you wouldn't know though as you "don't know much about guitars."

Why is this auction still live though?! Only 2 hours to go & someone is potentially going to be very unhappy.

[quote name='joe_bass' post='1332361' date='Aug 8 2011, 04:47 PM']Couldn't resist either. Sent "does this have the original 'Fender' one or the £15 one you bought recently on Ebay? Spose you wouldn't know though as you "don't know much about guitars."

Why is this auction still live though?! Only 2 hours to go & someone is potentially going to be very unhappy.[/quote]

I'm watching it, so when I get notification that the auction has ended I'll email the 'winner' and warn him that he *may* have been scammed.

[quote name='SidVicious1978' post='1331672' date='Aug 8 2011, 08:05 AM'][url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Precision-Bass-black-silver-/140586905921?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item20bba1f141#ht_500wt_898"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Precision...41#ht_500wt_898[/url][/quote]

MB1. :)
Oi!, wanna buy a lovely Fender Squire? Beautiful Plumeage!

[quote name='joe_bass' post='1332492' date='Aug 8 2011, 06:13 PM']Interesting development, just got this back from the seller...

"Yes, it has those pickups, my mate who is the guitarist told me to get those and he fit them himself."[/quote]
Me no speaky Eenglish. Me not on Basschat so me no see me busted big time.

:)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1332498' date='Aug 8 2011, 06:16 PM']Me no speaky Eenglish. Me not on Basschat so me no see me busted big time.

:lol:[/quote]

:)

I was expecting an angry response or simply no reply at all.

I take it as for the tshirt it was suggested by his guitarist mate that as he was temporarily taking possession of a bass then he'd need a Bassist tshirt? :)