Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Music Man Big Al Special Edition Dargie Delight II

DeepDee

Limited model 2009: Alder body, ebony fretboard, paua inlays, matching headstock, special effect colour: Caramel Apple Delight

This one is like new, played it only for about 20 hours, definitely a collectors item.

A fantastic sounding and great looking instrument! Hate to see her go; but I started playing fivestrings one year ago and she's been sleeping in her original case since then.

List price was 3340,- Euros, sale price was 2999,- Euros.

Asking for 2000,- Euros shipped to Germany or UK; other countries please ask.

Edit: Open for offers now!

Edited by DeepDee

[quote name='DeepDee' post='1333003' date='Aug 8 2011, 11:58 PM']???
Please help me, I'm German ...[/quote]
Don't worry, its a compliment. He is suggesting that your bass guitar is highly desirable to him, just like a canines testicles.

Well, that all make perfect sense I expect, especially once translated to German :)

Gotta watch this stuff - I once read that "out of sight, out of mind" when translated by computer into russian and back again came out as "invisible maniac"

Big Al's are one of the best basses out there - I'd put the feelers out on mine a few weeks ago but only cause a USA dark star p/u bass became available but really I don't wanna shift the BA. The neck is too nice plus it really does get every sound you could want.

I'm recording just now and I have tones for every possible part I need. In one song alone I have experimented with a Big old school neck pick up tone for intro and verse. It's not so much mudbucker as full bucker. Got the definition but that big warm neck pick up sound. For the chorus I switch it to p bass just to poke up in the mix a little and the same for the break section. In the odd meter proggy bit it's classic p bass and for the little lead sounding bass part I go for MM modern punch. Its not as much of a mess as I make it sound but fun experiment.

Once it's all mixed down I'll try and get a clip up :)

This is one of those basses everyone should play at some point. Totally fab!

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...