Why become a member? ×

Roscoe Century Custom 3006 Fretless

pantherairsoft

Just got home - Long day. Sooooooooo worth it.

Absolutely STUNNING! Plays like butter and the sound... oh my. I've played every Roscoe in Bass Direct, and owned another 2, but this has so much growl its bed wettingly good. Amazing mwah tones and some great fretted-like bite from the bridge pup.

Oddly - you'll notice how different the bass looks between Gards & Marks pics shown on this thread - The reality is, that in the flesh it doesn't really look like either! The top appears far more pale and almost flesh like. It really is stunning. I'll whip out the Canon 500D in the morning and get some snaps in natural light.

1 very happy man!

Its a rather grey day here in Nottingham and its chucking it down outside so the pics has a bit of glare and less than perfect exposure but hopefully they show the bass in natural light...

I am absolutely over joyed with this bass, the tone is amazing - well rounded and punchy with lots of mwah. The neck is slightly rounder than my other Roscoes. My Signature fretted and old Century Standard both went very flat in the center of the neck, most noticeable from the 12th fret onwards, where as this neck remains more 'D' shaped throughout. It's very comfy and the rounding almost makes you notice the 19mm width a little less.

Anyway, pics...

Body shots front & back: