Why become a member? ×

Two Options....

nottswarwick

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1309340' date='Jul 19 2011, 04:42 PM']Looking forward to it.
This might be the push i need to get one as well to replace my 1212L[/quote]

I've had my Compact for a couple of years now Dave. It has a less tiring-on-the-ears sound than the 1212L (much as I love the 1212L too) More weight to the sound, smoother and far more versatile than the 1212L.

The Compact doesn't seem to go quite as loud as the 1212L, but it's close, and the sound is fuller and just lovely. Plus, it's lighter. You don't see many Barefaced cabs for sale and when you do, the seller is usually selling to buy another Barefaced product. I prefer a carpeted cab, but the Compact finish is proving to be fairly tough and I can always touch up the finish when it gets well worn.

Best part is how other bass players are disbelieving when they see the size of the cab making all that noise.

You know you want one. :)

Frank.

[quote name='machinehead' post='1311038' date='Jul 21 2011, 12:27 AM']I've had my Compact for a couple of years now Dave. It has a less tiring-on-the-ears sound than the 1212L (much as I love the 1212L too) More weight to the sound, smoother and far more versatile than the 1212L.

The Compact doesn't seem to go quite as loud as the 1212L, but it's close, and the sound is fuller and just lovely. Plus, it's lighter. You don't see many Barefaced cabs for sale and when you do, the seller is usually selling to buy another Barefaced product. I prefer a carpeted cab, but the Compact finish is proving to be fairly tough and I can always touch up the finish when it gets well worn.

Best part is how other bass players are disbelieving when they see the size of the cab making all that noise.

You know you want one. :)

Frank.[/quote]

Thanks for that post.

It sounds like i "need" one, not just want one. Thats not how things normally work is it? Now the toss up is between a compact or OHM's UL115.

I know what you mean about the 1212L being tiring, sometimes it sounds a bit to full on.

i think i can get away with a cab that quieter although it will take some getting used to as ive been using 12xx cabs for 6 years almost exclusively.

Chris. Hows the new cab?