Why become a member? ×

Marcus Miller 4 Not for Sale

Champion Badger

[quote name='Champion Badger' post='148624' date='Feb 28 2008, 09:14 PM']It's mint and a great bass. Its a superb bass for slapping and has a really, really low action.

Asking £460 for[/quote]..Does it have a passive switch?..Does a bass with a 'scratched' pickguard pass as mint??

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='149024' date='Feb 29 2008, 04:16 PM']..Does it have a passive switch?..Does a bass with a 'scratched' pickguard pass as mint??[/quote]

Yes it does have a passive switch, they all do.

And I bought a brand new sealed pickguard that had similar scratches. Black is terrible at showing the tiniest of marks but only in close up reflections.

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='149024' date='Feb 29 2008, 04:16 PM']Does a bass with a 'scratched' pickguard pass as mint??[/quote]

When did it become common place to do other peoples instruments down in the for sale section, there's a real spate of this at the moment, it's apparent from the pics so he isn't trying to fool us.

Also +1 what Machines said about black, it's a total slag for scratching up.

I think there is a differrence between a subjective opinion of condition with clear pictures and some of the dealers we get on here trying to rip people off, I'm all for protecting people from scammers but this is a bit picky lad.

£460 is a solid price for the bass as described, good instrument one of the best value of the Fender sigs.

[quote name='Mr Cougar' post='149059' date='Feb 29 2008, 05:09 PM']When did it become common place to do other peoples instruments down in the for sale section, there's a real spate of this at the moment, it's apparent from the pics so he isn't trying to fool us.

Also +1 what Machines said about black, it's a total slag for scratching up.

I think there is a differrence between a subjective opinion of condition with clear pictures and some of the dealers we get on here trying to rip people off, I'm all for protecting people from scammers but this is a bit picky lad.

£460 is a solid price for the bass as described, good instrument one of the best value of the Fender sigs.[/quote]
.....You obviously have a different perspective to me on what constitutes 'mint condition'...Lad.......

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='149117' date='Feb 29 2008, 06:40 PM'].....You obviously have a different perspective to me on what constitutes 'mint condition'...Lad.......[/quote]

Perhaps, perhaps not. We certainly have a different perspective on the way we should behave on a community forum.

It's very easy to make your comments on a web forum where you don't have to face the individual whose honesty is in question, as suggested before, if you have a problem; PM the seller, nobody is forcing anyone to buy or sell anything.

I'd have no problem with someone publicly exposing a scam after trying the PM route, but in this instance it's plain there is no deception, the photos are there for all to see.

Lovely bass & very versatile too, I saw James LoMenzo wielding one a couple weeks ago at a Megadeth gig in Norwich, If I hadn't literally picked up my new Warwick Double Buck 2 days ago, I'd bite your arm off for this, aside from the limited edition Washburn Bootsy Space Bass & a Victor Wooten Fodera (like I'm ever gonna own either of these), I think this is the only signature I want..

Consider yourself bumped :-)

Many thanks for the support fellow Bassophonists. Nice to see people going out their way to comment on the negative spiel. Makes me quite emotional...

Thanks to Charla for stepping in there too...a real gent and a pleasure to do business with also!.

All these positive comments about the bass itself has persuaded me not to sell. Too be honest, it's too nice a bass.

Thanks to everyone for the interest.

[quote name='Mr Cougar' post='149261' date='Mar 1 2008, 12:34 AM']Perhaps, perhaps not. We certainly have a different perspective on the way we should behave on a community forum.

It's very easy to make your comments on a web forum where you don't have to face the individual whose honesty is in question, as suggested before, if you have a problem; PM the seller, nobody is forcing anyone to buy or sell anything.

I'd have no problem with someone publicly exposing a scam after trying the PM route, but in this instance it's plain there is no deception, the photos are there for all to see.[/quote]....Gerralife

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='149492' date='Mar 1 2008, 03:49 PM']....Gerralife[/quote]
Articulate as well I see........

CB - Hope you don't let this experience put you off selling anything else on this forum.

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='149492' date='Mar 1 2008, 03:49 PM']....Gerralife[/quote]

Next time you are pulled up just take your medicine like a grown up instead of resorting to rather mild personal insults.

Good choice Badger, excellent bass I'm sure.