Why become a member? ×

Fretless Fender Jazz USA

Ray

I bought this beauty from JD1 last year and it's sat in the case for most of that time. It's strung with D'Addario halfrounds and plays beautifully.

It's a shame to part with it but I just don't play it enough to justify owning it (plus I need the cash for another GK NEO112).

Click [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4498&hl=fretless+jazz"]here[/url] for JD1's original post to see pictures. As he says, it's in immaculate condition except for a small ding on the lower horn and a few light scratches where a plectrum was slid under the scratchplate. Both are hardly noticable.

The bass comes with a moulded Fender hard case (different from the one in the pictures). The case is not in great condition (thanks to Italian baggage handlers!) but does the job.

EDIT>> Buyer can choose between the case described above or the rectangular case as shown in the pictures.

I bought it for £475 and would like to sell it for the same.

Cheers

R

Edited by Ray

[quote name='Ray' post='147778' date='Feb 27 2008, 01:19 PM']The bass comes with a moulded Fender hard case (different from the one in the pictures). The case is not in great condition (thanks to Italian baggage handlers!) but does the job.

I bought it for £475 and would like to sell it for the same.[/quote]

If you bought it for £475 with what looks like a really nice Fender case, wouldn't it be fair to sell it for the same money, with the same case?

I mean it's one more owner, one worse case and maybe a little worse condition than when you bought it...

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='147833' date='Feb 27 2008, 02:05 PM']If you bought it for £475 with what looks like a really nice Fender case, wouldn't it be fair to sell it for the same money, with the same case?

I mean it's one more owner, one worse case and maybe a little worse condition than when you bought it...[/quote]
I suppose so. If anyone is interested in buying and would prefer the heavier, bigger, unbalanced rectangular case they can have it.

FYI, the moulded case that I'm including is the same design that came with the bass when new. JD1 kept the original case and gave me the rectangular one (that came with his Marcus Miller Jazz) instead because the moulded case is lighter.

The bass is in exactly the same condition as when I bought it. The ding and scratches were there when I bought it.

£475 is a very reasonable price for this bass, don't you think?

Guidelines for the Marketplace - Guidelines for buyers, section 4

[i]. If you have a problem with the price of an item on the forum, stating it in an aggressive way on the thread undermines the sellers listing. Often however feedback on fair pricing is useful and constructive. Bear this in mind and be considerate and vigilant. If anyone is seen being aggressive or SERIOUSLY overpricing an item them you are best off sending a PM to the member and to a moderator. The best policy is that if you do not like the price, move on. The seller won’t sell and you avoid any arguments. [/i]

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='147946' date='Feb 27 2008, 04:43 PM']I've got the moulded case for my USA Jazz deluxe, I'm no fan of them...

It's a battle to get it shut, the rectangular cases are way better IMHO :)[/quote]
You can have my rectangular case for £475. I'll even throw in a free fretless Jazz Bass. :huh: ;)

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='147946' date='Feb 27 2008, 04:43 PM']I've got the moulded case for my USA Jazz deluxe, I'm no fan of them...

It's a battle to get it shut, the rectangular cases are way better IMHO :)[/quote]

Are you actually interested in buying this bass? If not, [s]do the rest of us a favour and shut the f*ck up[/s] please refrain from commenting on the hard case included.

Edited by bassbloke

I think 475 quid is an excellent price even if the bass came in a pillow case, good luck with the sale someone will surely buy it at this price, and by the way, only let someone who is actually interested in buying the bass influence you in which case you should sell it with, other than that its nobody elses business. Have a bump

Edited by kevbass

[quote name='bassbloke' post='148271' date='Feb 28 2008, 10:15 AM']No, a very good one in fact. Thank you for the PM by the way. You have a reply. Now, shall we leave this person alone to try and sell what is a very nice bass?[/quote]
Thanks! And.. er.. BUMP!

• 2 weeks later...