Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar

waynepunkdude

Crikey, that was quick. This is actually a great bass for the price. In fact, I was so impressed that I bought two and the other one's going nowhere. I strung this (Wayne's) with La Bella flats and it did a great retro thumpy/Motown/Stax P-PUP tone and a wonderful 60's pop J-PUP tone (I'm perhaps starting to understand why Wayne's selling it now). Great clicky sound with a pick also. The two PUPs blended work really well, which is something you can't always say of P/J combinations (the 'Duncan Designed' PUPs are extremely hot with an O/P similar to the Quarterpounders). The stacked controls (V/T P-PUP & V/T J-PUP) also allow for some interesting combinations, I love both PUPs up full, P-PUP tone rolled right off with J-PUP wide open. My VM Jag is, I hope, going to be my backup/dodgy gig bass for a while to come (I know Clarky, famous last words and all that) :)

The bass Wayne's selling is about 3 months old, in perfect condition and, unless he's taken it off, still has the protective film on the pickgaurd. Get it before he changes his mind and does something criminal to the finish :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1278338' date='Jun 22 2011, 11:38 AM']Crikey, that was quick. This is actually a great bass for the price. In fact, I was so impressed that I bought two and the other one's going nowhere. I strung this (Wayne's) with La Bella flats and it did a great retro thumpy/Motown/Stax P-PUP tone and a wonderful 60's pop J-PUP tone (I'm perhaps starting to understand why Wayne's selling it now). Great clicky sound with a pick also. The two PUPs blended work really well, which is something you can't always say of P/J combinations (the 'Duncan Designed' PUPs are extremely hot with an O/P similar to the Quarterpounders). The stacked controls (V/T P-PUP & V/T J-PUP) also allow for some interesting combinations, I love both PUPs up full, P-PUP tone rolled right off with J-PUP wide open. My VM Jag is, I hope, going to be my backup/dodgy gig bass for a while to come (I know Clarky, famous last words and all that) :)

The bass Wayne's selling is about 3 months old, in perfect condition and, unless he's taken it off, still has the protective film on the pickgaurd. Get it before he changes his mind and does something criminal to the finish :)[/quote]

I don't know why I haven't got on with it, weird.

Give it time dude. It took me about five months to really click with mine (possibly due to the neck being jazz width and i prefer P necks), but at the moment it's my go-to bass. Infact, i just this week stuck some flats on it and i'm loving it even more.

• 4 months later...