Why become a member? ×

Warwick Basses - Harder to get in the UK now?

Linus27

In fact that reminds me.

Mansons have a pre-owned Katana in Natural oil on their site for 999.

1 pound under a grand for a made in Germany Warwick Bass, Neck thru, Active electronics and p/up, AAA flame maple top, flamed maple neck with an ebony fingerboard and Inlays (I do miss inlays on most 'wicks)

If only it was a lefty I would of ripped it off the wall.

Anybody tired these new Warwick Rockbasses (Just the W on the Headstock and proper Warwick style bridge by the looks of things) ?

There's a few on eBay from the U.S. and they're giving me gas....please tell me they're crap :)

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='dc2009' post='1366846' date='Sep 8 2011, 07:22 PM']Some of the stuff they threw out must be terrible, they seriously released the dolphin, after all![/quote]

The Dolphin is great! It looks strange but balances well and sounds great. Tonally, it's not far off the sound of a Thumb, which is a good thing. I have always considered the Thumb to be Warwick's best bass for a number of reasons, not least because of it's amazing tone. It is the most 'Warwick' sounding of all Warwick basses!

Warwick really seemed to go downhill a bit when the $$ came out. That was where it all started going a bit wrong for me, moving away from the great designs and great wood choices. I remember when that bass became very popular with jazz bass fans, who loved the big, open sound. Sadly, that was just Warwick moving away from the cool niche they occupied. Mind you, I suppose you could argue that Warwick have been becoming more and more mainstream since the early 90's. Funnily enough, Warwick were considered boutique at one time!

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1369224' date='Sep 11 2011, 11:09 AM']The Dolphin is great! It looks strange but balances well and sounds great. Tonally, it's not far off the sound of a Thumb, which is a good thing. I have always considered the Thumb to be Warwick's best bass for a number of reasons, not least because of it's amazing tone. It is the most 'Warwick' sounding of all Warwick basses!

Warwick really seemed to go downhill a bit when the $$ came out. That was where it all started going a bit wrong for me, moving away from the great designs and great wood choices. I remember when that bass became very popular with jazz bass fans, who loved the big, open sound. Sadly, that was just Warwick moving away from the cool niche they occupied. Mind you, I suppose you could argue that Warwick have been becoming more and more mainstream since the early 90's. Funnily enough, Warwick were considered boutique at one time![/quote]

I love the $$s and hence am on my second one of them. I know mine is a special edition, but the regular ones still have great wood choices: standard wenge and ovangkol neck/fretboard, with an astounding ash body! As for designs, they implemented the most versatile set of pickups and electronics I've ever come across (never tried a Wal mind), capable of a range of lovely sounds!

[quote name='throwoff' post='1370423' date='Sep 12 2011, 01:42 PM']My only beef with a $$ is the open pole pieces giving that click if you slap a bit hard.

Personally I always dig a $$ with Barts[/quote]

Can't slap, won't slap here so no worries at all. Also if I do slap I do it right at the base of the neck, so still none of the same problem.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1369276' date='Sep 11 2011, 11:57 AM']Well I am loving my Streamer Jazzman. Feels a little small with tight string spacing compared to my Fender Precision and Jazz but overall, its a very yummy bass. Its giving me GAS for a Streamer LX though :)[/quote]
Good tack sir. A steal at 5 tonne. I've recently been struck with Warwick GAS again. Picked up a 99 Streamer for €400 a few months ago. Hopefully they'll stay out of fashion for another couple of years.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1373133' date='Sep 14 2011, 12:52 PM']Great stuff. Where you get it from? Please show piccies also in this thread.[/quote]
I traded it for my P bass with a fellow BC'er. Be a bit sad to see the Fender go but i've played it about 20 times in the 6 years i've owned it and the Streamer gas finally got to boiling point!! I'll put some pics up when i get it home.

Edited by ern500evo

[quote name='ern500evo' post='1373151' date='Sep 14 2011, 01:02 PM']I traded it for my P bass with a fellow BC'er. Be a bit sad to see the Fender go but i've played about 20 times in the 6 years i've owned it and the Streamer gas finally got to boiling point!! I'll put some pics up when i get it home.[/quote]

Ace stuff, I can't wait to see it. I have GAS for a LX4 althought I love my Streamer Jazzman fretless, I quite fancy fretted one of those. Either would do I guess :)

[quote name='Linus27' post='1373159' date='Sep 14 2011, 01:05 PM']Ace stuff, I can't wait to see it. I have GAS for a LX4 althought I love my Streamer Jazzman fretless, I quite fancy fretted one of those. Either would do I guess :)[/quote]
I've wanted a Streamer for 20 years(really, i'm not exaggerating!), but for various reasons it's never happened, so you can understand the excitement!

[quote name='ern500evo' post='1373169' date='Sep 14 2011, 01:12 PM']I've wanted a Streamer for 20 years(really, i'm not exaggerating!), but for various reasons it's never happened, so you can understand the excitement![/quote]

HAHAHA thats the same as me. I was so excited when I got it. My sister picked it up for me but I could not collect it for about 2 months. The suspense was killing me. You will love it, they are awsome.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1373174' date='Sep 14 2011, 01:18 PM']HAHAHA thats the same as me. I was so excited when I got it. My sister picked it up for me but I could not collect it for about 2 months. The suspense was killing me. You will love it, they are awsome.[/quote]
And as if in a act of god, i've only got to wait about 3 hours after picking it up before i'm letting it rip through my warwick rig at a gig!! Friday is gonna be a good day!!

[quote name='ern500evo' post='1373181' date='Sep 14 2011, 01:22 PM']And as if in a act of god, i've only got to wait about 3 hours after picking it up before i'm letting it rip through my warwick rig at a gig!! Friday is gonna be a good day!![/quote]

Great stuff, hope the gig goes well and the Warwick is awsome. I'm sure it will be.