Why become a member? ×

1989 Warwick Thumb 4

bigthumb

For sale is my pride and joy. I waited a long time to find one as good as this and never dreamed I'd have to sell it but...

The pictures speak for themselves, its a stunner with not issues to report. Its all good! Frets, neck, bodywork, electronics and finish.

Older Thumbs are a bit heavier than the newer ones which is a small pay off considering the superior overall quality of the old handmade instruments.

I would rather not post it as I only have a gig bag left now so I'd rather it be collected or I would meet half way within reason but please PM me if this would be a problem as I'm sure something can be sorted out.

Anyhow picture time!

I'll post some more pics if required.

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by bigthumb

[quote name='bigthumb' post='1251821' date='May 31 2011, 06:52 PM']Its a lovely slim '80s neck. Nothing like the later ones. :)

Few more pics I've found...

[attachment=81414:Thumb109.jpg]
[attachment=81413:Thumb108.jpg]
[attachment=81412:Thumb107.jpg][/quote]

Uuurghhh... :)
i have even more GAS now!... :lol:

If you decide to drop the price a little and would consider posting i want to be the first to make you an offer.

[quote name='desmondpot' post='1254004' date='Jun 2 2011, 02:14 PM']What sort of trades are you after? What do you fancy?[/quote]

I would be after a half decent 4 string fretted to use as my main (and only) bass. Ideally I would want a cash sale for the Thumb and get something cheapish until I sort myself out. Something along the lines of a G&L Tribby would be great.

I have the 5 string version of this one (EMG pu as well). Amazing basses and I will never part with mine. Loved it so much I got the 6 st fretless of littleal of here. Nothing like the '80s Thumbs. Have a bump on me for a fantastic bass.

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='1254972' date='Jun 3 2011, 03:23 AM']Why does it have EMGs? I thought all Warwicks started out with MECs but i'm no expert![/quote]

my 88 thumb has EMGs and the 90 thumb has MECs.
in comparison, the EMGs are much hotter than the MECs.

amazing basses - cant believe 90, 89 and 87 thumb NTs have appeared for sale here in the past few weeks.

oh for some spare cash (and/or understanding from the missus!!!!)

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='1255595' date='Jun 3 2011, 03:44 PM']I can't believe you're selling this Paul (then again I sold mine didn't I (doh) ).

It's worth every penny folks, and more. These basses are a bit special.

Peter[/quote]

Cheers Pedro.

I'd rather not have to sell but sh1t happens! :)

[quote name='bigthumb' post='1251773' date='May 31 2011, 05:03 PM']For sale is my pride and joy. I waited a long time to find one as good as this and never dreamed I'd have to sell it but...

The pictures speak for themselves, its a stunner with not issues to report. Its all good! Frets, neck, bodywork, electronics and finish.

Older Thumbs are a bit heavier than the newer ones which is a small pay off considering the superior overall quality of the old handmade instruments.

The asking price is what I paid for it about 18 months ago. I would rather not post it as I only have a gig bag left now so I'd rather it be collected or I would meet half way within reason but please PM me if this would be a problem as I'm sure something can be sorted out.

Anyhow picture time!

[attachment=81409:Thumb104.JPG] [attachment=81407:Thumb102.JPG] [attachment=81406:Thumb101.jpg]

[attachment=81410:Thumb105.jpg] [attachment=81408:Thumb103.JPG] [attachment=81411:Thumb106.JPG]

I'll post some more pics if required.

Cheers,

Paul[/quote]

PM'd

[quote name='Toasted' post='1257415' date='Jun 5 2011, 03:56 PM']I think I used to own this.[/quote]

Really Joe? I dont think I had it then at that Moffat bass bash.

I got it off a chap in Middlesbrough.

[quote name='bigthumb' post='1257446' date='Jun 5 2011, 04:28 PM']Really Joe? I dont think I had it then at that Moffat bass bash.

I got it off a chap in Middlesbrough.[/quote]

Hi
I have a fender US deluxe Jazz 4 for trade.
My email [email protected]
Keep in touch
Cheers