Why become a member? ×

warwick bass endorsment

ian

hi as anyone ever had a endorsment with warwick and can you put your thoughts on the process please mine seems to be a long winded thing anyway thanks in advance ian ps cant wait for the rig

warwick tube path 10.1 1000 watts
4x10 600 watts
2x10 ?

as anyone used this set up :)

[quote name='ian' post='142848' date='Feb 19 2008, 12:16 AM']hi as anyone ever had a endorsment with warwick and can you put your thoughts on the process please mine seems to be a long winded thing anyway thanks in advance ian ps cant wait for the rig

4x10 600 watts
2x10 ?

as anyone used this set up :)[/quote]
You already have one thread on your Warwick endorsement - why start another?

[quote name='ian' post='142848' date='Feb 19 2008, 12:16 AM']hi as anyone ever had a endorsment with warwick and can you put your thoughts on the process please mine seems to be a long winded thing anyway thanks in advance ian ps cant wait for the rig

4x10 600 watts
2x10 ?

as anyone used this set up :)[/quote]

Are you in a signed band / touring with management? Or are you in a position of high profile that would be beneficial to Warwick? Have you a huge following with thousands of MySpace friends? Are you a professional (and well known) teacher? Do you have a recognised press pack?

Have you contacted Warwick directly? (My Warwick contact has now left the company). FWIW, Warwick are selective with ref to their endorsement program. Just buying their gear isn't enough to warrant a deal lol.

The other thing you have to ask yourself is whether or not you actually NEED an endorsement deal anyway. It's one thing to say you have an endorsement, but it's a two way thing.. you have to work for it too! - it's not just free stuff... oh unless you are a mega star!

I hope this helps.

[quote name='Toasted' post='142985' date='Feb 19 2008, 12:21 PM']I know a few Warwick endorsee's and most of them are definitely not "mega stars" :)[/quote]

well maybe 'mega' wasn't the best choice of word. But do they have lots of gear thrown at them for free all the time? That was the point I was making.

[quote name='Toasted' post='142985' date='Feb 19 2008, 12:21 PM']I know a few Warwick endorsee's and most of them are definitely not "mega stars" :)[/quote]

I've got no idea what you are talking about. Check these "mega stars"

[url="http://www.warwickbass.com/amps/amp_testimonials.htm"]http://www.warwickbass.com/amps/amp_testimonials.htm[/url]

...soon to be joined by our very own ian.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='143067' date='Feb 19 2008, 02:06 PM']I've got no idea what you are talking about. Check these "mega stars"

[url="http://www.warwickbass.com/amps/amp_testimonials.htm"]http://www.warwickbass.com/amps/amp_testimonials.htm[/url]

...soon to be joined by our very own ian.[/quote]

Well, I'll hold my hands up.. I dunno who the majority of those people are. Maybe endorsements are handed out to any one these days lol lol.

I'm endorsed by my local police force, how cool is that? lol lol

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='143067' date='Feb 19 2008, 02:06 PM']I've got no idea what you are talking about. Check these "mega stars"

...soon to be joined by our very own ian.[/quote]
Well it is a bit US centric but have you not heard of some of the gigs these guys have got: R.Kelly, Alison Krauss who recently recorded an LP with that other uknown Robert Plant, Lyle Lovett.

The thing is that having an endorsement is not a case of they give you discount (or the gear depending on your E rating) and expect nothing in return. Like I said in ian's other endorsement thread - just ask presoulnation about his endorsement deal with Sandberg.

i did sound for a touring band once they were supporting some other bigger usa band. the bassists was fully warwick endorsed. he told me if he buys a bass he gets it for cost and if he buys 2 he gets a third for free. and amp was also cost. pretty sweet dealz

Been looking for presoulnations thread but cant find it - either has been deleted cos of the libel implications or I just cant find it cos the search is sh*t. Anyway it had loads of good advice that could be made a sticky or something on the wiki, although what use that would be if the OP posts the same questions again the following week [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13421&hl=endorsement"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...;hl=endorsement[/url]

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='143090' date='Feb 19 2008, 02:42 PM']ask presoulnation about his endorsement deal with Sandberg.[/quote]

I never saw that thread. I would love to know more about that... but by PM if its is sensitive.

[quote name='dood' post='143228' date='Feb 19 2008, 05:22 PM']I never saw that thread. I would love to know more about that... but by PM if its is sensitive.[/quote]
Not sensitive as far as I was concerned but he did say some harsh things about the Sandberg distributor. The general consensus was that he had been a bit naive and did not understand his side of the bargain when he slagged off the uk prices and said to buy them off the internet.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='143240' date='Feb 19 2008, 05:30 PM']Not sensitive as far as I was concerned but he did say some harsh things about the Sandberg distributor. The general consensus was that he had been a bit naive and did not understand his side of the bargain when he slagged off the uk prices and said to buy them off the internet.[/quote]

mmmm ... I see!

I am not surprised as it did say some bad things about the distributer but never the less there was a lot of useful information about what is expected of an endorsee. Endorsement is definitely on the business side of the business - its only something for nothing when you are a really big name like Marcus Miller, who probably gets a royalty on his signature basses (as indeed he should). He has recently switched from EBS to SWR who are working on his signature pre-amp, who are owned by Fender, who make his signature basses - not to difficult to work out.

I had a Warwick endorsement for a while, back when my old band was doing pretty well. We'd just come from doing a UK tour, doing Bloodstock 2003 and various other decently big gigs, so I approached M.A.D. (back when they were the Warwick UK distributors, before Warwick opened up their own offices) about an endorsement. No freebies, but they did offer me stuff at 50% off trade price, so I ordered a Streamer Jazzman 5. Approaching them was simple enough - gave them a press kit and CD, mentioned the label we were on, and talked their ear off about giving them exposure and stuff.

Alas, I couldn't get on with it (thanks to that nasty baseball bat-like neck), so I got our band management to contact Warwick and cancel the endorsement. They didn't want the bass back, so I sold it on eBay for more or less full retail price! :) Made £500 out of them... cheers, Warwick!

I always understood that there were 2 kinds of endorsement in the most basic sense.

If you were somebody that could offer exposure for the company by way of touring, album releases and associated press coverage you would be a viable endorsee with the only obligation being possible advertising of the brand and NEVER being seen using any other brand.

The other kind was where the endorsee takes part in clinics and workshops all over a region or country in return for discounted gear.

I know of a few musicians who have had the latter kind of endorsement.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='145402' date='Feb 22 2008, 11:47 PM']And what did Warwick expect in return?[/quote]

At the time, it was mostly exposure, and mention in any future interviews, album covers or press that I used Warwicks. At the time, Warwick were lacking high-profile endorsers in the UK - their most visible endorser, Stuart Zender, had slipped under the radar after leaving Jamiroquai, and, since Warwick like to push their "rock" credentials, there were very few rock guys with any visibility using their stuff (eg, Glen Diani from One Minute Silence, who also disappeared off the radar after OMS split), so I got in there at a good time.

Shame it didn't work out, really... if I'd been able to afford something like a Streamer Stage II 5-string (still over £1000, even with the endorsement, and I didn't have that spare at the time) I might have stuck with it.