Why become a member? ×

you guys seen this yet -- e-bay

crez5150

[quote name='crez5150' post='142606' date='Feb 18 2008, 05:28 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1970s-Fender-Jazz-Bass-Precision-crafted_W0QQitemZ190198635610QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]Visit My Website[/url][/quote]

MB1. :)
The guy continually puts this on in an attempt to slag off the seller who sold it him.This has been going on for sometime now.Goes to show you shouldnt really part with that sort of money if you dont know your arse from your elbow.Sad Really!.

[quote name='E_MaN' post='142990' date='Feb 19 2008, 12:26 PM']stop bothering us?[/quote]

I don't think he's really bothering anyone. It's an ebay listing. Looking at it is optional BTH I find him quite entertaining. He is obviously not daft.

Whatever anyone's opinion about buying vintage basses or buying vintage basses unseen from another country with a different legal system, he bought from a supposedly reputable dealer and got well and truly shafted.

If these listings warn people off that particular dealer then good luck to him.

Edited by PaulMartin

I've watched and sympathised with the guy for some time now (how would you feel) and though he clearly has to move on at some point, he's got his teeth into this and isn't letting go!

I do have to confess however that he's never printed images in as much detail before and I have to ask if it really took a Fender 'expert' to spot that bodge job. FFS how could the original seller have EVER thought that was original? I always imagined that maybe the USA seller hadn't genuinely known or had reason to suspect that it wasn't original but come on... a blind man on a galloping horse could spot that nugget.

Edited by warwickhunt