Why become a member? ×

Ever heard of setting a reserve?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120726563787#ht_500wt_951"]Fender Bass rig [/url]weirdness.

The seller states [quote]Please note that this has been for sale TWICE on here recently but the auction was ended because it didnt get anywhere near what its worth. I wont be giving it away hence the buy it now of £900 i wont take any less and im sure you'll agree its worth more[/quote]

What??? So it didn't get the price he wanted so he refused to sell????

SET A RESERVE THEN NUMPTY!

Also he [u]hasn't[/u] put a BIN price on it.....
:) :)

I've just looked at one of the auctions he's cancelled, and he's canceling all the bids before ending the auction early. He doesn't seem to know the auctions all about the last few minutes.

Having said that, I thought you couldn't cancel an auction in the last 12 hours. If he's thinking about canceling this one he's in for a rude surprise.

This same seller sold one of our own BCers a bass recently and he's pulled the sale of this rig several times that I'm aware of.

As has been said, he wants to avoid putting a reserve fee which will bump his costs but he's leaving himself wide open to a major warning off ebay and at least a neg strike for not selling. Oddly enough despite it being a piece of expensive quality kit I genuinely don't believe that last minute bids would have bumped that price up even if he didn't have that warning of not selling it for less than £900!

[quote name='Delberthot' post='1240978' date='May 22 2011, 10:42 PM']Doesn't it cost about 6p to put a reserve on?

People like that are the ones that gives us Scots a bad name for being tight with money[/quote]
The reserve premium is dependent upon the reserve price so the higher the reserve the higher the cost to the seller... saying nowt about tight Scots as I'm not that far South of the border and I'm as tight as a gnat's chuff! :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1239796' date='May 21 2011, 11:21 PM']Got beaten at the last second, was looking forward to dealing with him.[/quote]

I don't think I'd have taken the risk of dealing with that guy.

In case you're still after something similar, I've put this up in our marketplace... :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=113606"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=113606[/url]