dmccombe7

ESP B-206 6 string fretted for sale.
Malted Maple finish i think.
Active pick-ups (2 off)
Bass, Mid, Treble cut/boost controls.
Vol & Tone controls.
34" scale.
String Spacing :- neck - 9mm : bridge - 16mm

Bought it 2nd hand from ebay for just over £200 last year as a trial to see if i liked 6 strings. I did and bought something special for my 50th.
Reasonable bass and in good condition. Could maybe do with a new set of strings. Has Rotosound rounds on it at present which seem ok but hasn't had much use over past year.
Never been gigged since I've had it.

Comes with a hard case. Case has usual 2nd hand marks on it but nothing serious or to worry about.

Looking for £+ courier costs. No offers please as i feel its already a fair price.

Prepared to meet within 40-50 miles radius of Lanark, Scotland area. (flexible with that as I work in Motherwell)

Not using it at all so its collecting dust to be honest. Need to make some space in spare room.

Cheers
Dave
:)

Edited by dmccombe7

Thanks for comments.

Have never posted anything like this and wouldn't know where to start.
Apart from that it would add extra cost of postage and probably insurance but not sure.
There's then the worry of packing. How do you pack something like this.

That's the main reason for pick up only.

I would hate to send it to someone only to find it had been damaged.

Sorry for that guys.

Dave

I appreciate that it can be a hassel to send instruments but it will massively increase your chances of shifting this bass quickly. There's a lot of info about posting basses safely on this forum, it's worth having a search. :)

[i]Have never posted anything like this and wouldn't know where to start.[/i]
parcel2go.co.uk is a good place to start, I have used their services with little problem before

[i]Apart from that it would add extra cost of postage and probably insurance but not sure.[/i]
Buyer to pay that cost would be the usual way to do it

[i]There's then the worry of packing. How do you pack something like this.[/i]
You have the case you have mentioned I would secure it in there with a little extra bubble wrap, secure the case with strong tape, protect the corners and any protruding objects with bubble corrugated parcel wrap and cover the whole thing in parcel tape.

I shall be forward if you like the point and we can find a reasonable service to use I will pay the asking plus the cost of postage, I would only want a few extra more detailed images or any road ware.

if you have a hard case you are laughing! i use parcel monkey to book it and they use citylink, its a next day service for around £7-10 plus insurance if you want it but thats only a couple of quid extra. as mentioned above you massively increase your market offering postage and the buyer pays the charges. i have sent and received umpteen basses and never had a problem and not always with a hard case either. i think the fact its a large parcel helps in that they cant throw it about like a small package. hope you go for it and it works out ok as it seems like its sold if you will post. ad

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the interest and a little surprised how much.
I've a lot on this weekend so won't manage to do anything over the weekend.
If nothing happens by Sunday night I'll look at posting to anyone who is still interested.
It looks like I've been worrying about nothing.
Lot of good advice from you all and will get a chance to read up on the forum on best way to post.
Also looks like postage isn't too expensive anyways.

Thanks guys.
Very much appreciated.

Dave

aye we have all been there dave i am sure. i remember the first time i sent a bass not knowing about couriers so naturally took it to the post office. i sent my jd up to john diggins in birmingham and paid a cool £64!!!! and that was with a partially insured 3-4 day service! i thought nothing of it other than thinking bloody hell that was expensive and i wont be doing that again in a hurry. wish i had known about courier services then. ad

[quote name='adledman' post='1230433' date='May 13 2011, 09:07 PM']aye we have all been there dave i am sure. i remember the first time i sent a bass not knowing about couriers so naturally took it to the post office. i sent my jd up to john diggins in birmingham and paid a cool £64!!!! and that was with a partially insured 3-4 day service! i thought nothing of it other than thinking bloody hell that was expensive and i wont be doing that again in a hurry. wish i had known about courier services then. ad[/quote]

I think that just about sums it up.
Not having ever sold anything on either BC or Ebay its a bit worrying.
I would hate to receive anything myself that was damaged and would be horrified to sell something to someone only for it to arrive in poor condition.
Nothing worse than being excited at buying a bass only to find it "not what you expected" when opened.

BC's have been great though and like yourself have offered several suggestions on best ways to proceed so I'm pretty confident.
Just makes life easier if its a local pick-up including payment.

I'm taking this opportunity (6:30 on Sat morning - sad !!!) to read up a little on selling procedures etc and parcel couriers.
Should maybe have done that first before posting the bass.

Thanks for your replies and advice- really helpful.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='edster' post='1239436' date='May 21 2011, 04:29 PM']PM'd[/quote]

SOLD - Donation made to Basschat. Gotta support the site.

thanks Edster.
No quibble, no hassle sale to a really genuine guy.
Hope you enjoy

Cheers
Dave

PS :- wife has already spent the money on way home :) :) :lol:

Edited by dmccombe7