Chopthebass

Mesa Boogie Titan V12

Good choice. I'm on my second. Sold the first then went through Mpulse 600, CarbineM9 and BB750 before I realised how stupid I'd been to sell the Titan.  Even the guitarists in my band love the tone and heft :D

Always lusted after the Titan. Had the MPulse 600 and Powerhouse 8x10 and it was the most HiFi, clearest tone I've ever had. Got stupid loud with volumes too. loved it to bits.

The Titan seemed like the next logical step but decided to swap back to an SVT in the end.

But i do sometimes lay awake at night wondering what might have been...

After reheasing with 2 bands here my findings:

- incredible versatile preamp, 2 channels, 2 overdrive settings, plus Boost/solo option (say: eight different volume levels/sounds at your foottipps )

- lots of power, lots of headroom, diggin' harder and even harder into your strings projects in a linear fashion, no intrinsic compression (well, you are on your own to provide even dynamics)

- sorrily, my unit does not work stable with 2 Ohm speaker load. After 30 secs or so, high current protection kicks in and mutes the outputs. 4 and 8 Ohm loads work stable at even silly volumes. (had an email exchange with Mesa Tech Support partner in Europe. Only option is to upgrade the power amp. I'm not convinced to go this way.)

I recently got the Titan V12, and unfortunately also think I will be sending my in to Mesa HQ for their update :/

Let us know what you hear from Mesa :D

Well, I have to send the amp to Mesa Tech Support partner in Italy. They will extract the power unit, send it to Mesa HQ for some changes, and back. Rather costly.

Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either do the expensive update or find a buyer who does not need full power at 2 Ohm.

sigh