Why become a member? ×

an invitation to wikiloops

MrSnuts

Good evening everyone!

I would like to invite you to wikiloops.com where the online jam has been started on april 1st.
Its free and a bit different than other jamtrack sites or collaboration projects, so if either category is of interest to you, just give it a try.
I would feel honoured if one or the other would like to leave a comment on the project, all feedback is very welcome.
If you have the gear to do some homerecording, there is a crowd of hungry guitarists out there wanting your bass quite badly, or to put it in other words: Now, its just me asking to support this project, if you decide to do so, there will be many saying thanks :-)

so check it out and rip it apart:
[url="http://www.wikiloops.com"]http://www.wikiloops.com[/url]

thank you and groovy greetings!

[quote name='MrSnuts' post='1215376' date='Apr 29 2011, 10:24 PM']guys and gals, is everyone getting married today? I was hoping for some kind of feedback... thanx![/quote]
I haven't had a chance to look at the site (yet) but it sounds like what we've all been waiting for! Hopefully this will give many musicians a chance to get together to create more music..this should be another great resource for BCers to access!

Thanks for the info...

BTW did somebody get married today??

You've spelled Metal wrong in the drop-down box on the loop search on the front page. Not being picky - but it's like having visible snot in your nose, I would prefer someone told me than spend the whole day unaware. :)

Cool idea - I'll spend some proper time on there as soon as I can.

[quote name='Eight' post='1215628' date='Apr 30 2011, 11:21 AM']You've spelled Metal wrong in the drop-down box on the loop search on the front page.[/quote]

No he has not.
But he has left out a space.
Me_Tall - is in fact a style/groove adopted by over seven foot tall African tribal Musicians,

Good stuff and a great idea for guys all over the globe to hook up.
I hope it takes off.

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='lowdown' post='1215635' date='Apr 30 2011, 11:31 AM']Me_Tall - is in fact a style/groove adopted by over seven foot tall African tribal Musicians,[/quote]
Aaaahh. Why am I so ignorant!?!

And what's the point of paying someone to teach me if they leave out big pieces of information like this!?!?! Cheers Lowdown. You're a star!

[quote name='Eight' post='1215638' date='Apr 30 2011, 11:35 AM']And what's the point of paying someone to teach me if they leave out big pieces of information like this!?!?! Cheers Lowdown. You're a star![/quote]

Thats what Basschat is all about.
Glad I could help, and save you some money.
Now you just need to head on down to the 'Basses for sale section' and spend the extra available money wisely.

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='MrSnuts' post='1214131' date='Apr 28 2011, 08:51 PM']Good evening everyone!

I would like to invite you to wikiloops.com where the online jam has been started on april 1st.
Its free and a bit different than other jamtrack sites or collaboration projects, so if either category is of interest to you, just give it a try.
I would feel honoured if one or the other would like to leave a comment on the project, all feedback is very welcome.
If you have the gear to do some homerecording, there is a crowd of hungry guitarists out there wanting your bass quite badly, or to put it in other words: Now, its just me asking to support this project, if you decide to do so, there will be many saying thanks :-)

so check it out and rip it apart:
[url="http://www.wikiloops.com"]http://www.wikiloops.com[/url]

thank you and groovy greetings![/quote]
Registered yesterday and checked it out for a while - very cool idea and I really hope it takes off nicely!!

thanx for joining up!

I guess its worth mentioning to first time quick-visitors: If the session you discovered at wikiloops has a bassplayer, you may always kick him from the track and replace him yourself, theres multiple players allowed -
basicly, one could choose one drumtrack and invite a hundred bassists to upload their own version (which again is basicly what I' doin here :-)

had a hard day...

cu @ wikiloops.com

latest update:
we got a new drummer around who just supplied some extra funky drums today :-) I already posted a little slappndiwipp on it, but it would be way cool if one of you guys do someting even better ...
now hear this:
[url="http://www.wikiloops.com/viewpage.php?page_id=816"]http://www.wikiloops.com/viewpage.php?page_id=816[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Zach' post='1215624' date='Apr 30 2011, 10:17 AM']looks like a very cool sight, if/when i get some recording equipment i'll start contributing. my only criticism is a volume button would be nice, but it's not a big deal[/quote]

added volume and track controls yesterday!

latest session on wikiloops (check this out...)
[url="http://www.wikiloops.com/viewpage.php?page_id=860&riff=0"]http://www.wikiloops.com/viewpage.php?page_id=860&riff=0[/url]

[quote name='MythSte' post='1238431' date='May 20 2011, 04:17 PM']This is a great Idea man. I know its in it's early stages at the moment but once the layout is a little more user friendly you could have a really sweet thing there![/quote]

Hey & thanx for the checkout!
I know the layout has its weaknesses, not every function is really self-explanatory, and not everyones for reading the FAQs, so much I've learned ;-)
Thinking about another animated clip to explain the various ways to navigate the session DB...
What makes it complicated is that different features are needed, depending on if you really sit there with a bass practising or if you just cruising by to hear some music....
I think I will change the loopsearch so that you can select the instrument you DONT want to be in your search results, that will make it easier to spot jamtracks missing your instrument. Most people dont seem to get the option of "kicking" an instrument from a band (if you like the beat, but theres a Bass you dont like, you may return to the beat-only track that way).

If theres anything you find extremely irritating or misleading about the page, please let me know! I've been working on it for so long now, I really dont see theese things any longer I'm affraid.

hey, friday night, a laid back weekend everyone and thanks again for all comments!
:)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='MrSnuts' post='1238483' date='May 20 2011, 04:58 PM']I think I will change the loopsearch so that you can select the instrument you DONT want to be in your search results, that will make it easier to spot jamtracks missing your instrument.[/quote]

Done!

hey, friday night again, and you aint jammin out? come jammin in!
:)

[quote name='Eight' post='1215628' date='Apr 30 2011, 11:21 AM']You've spelled Metal wrong in the drop-down box on the loop search on the front page. Not being picky - but it's like having visible snot in your nose, I would prefer someone told me than spend the whole day unaware. :)

Cool idea - I'll spend some proper time on there as soon as I can.[/quote]

Hehehe lol.

As for recording stuff into my laptop, what is the best way?
I have a trace head with a lineout, and my sansamp, but nothing else to go between that and laptop, ideas?

[quote name='dc2009' post='1256024' date='Jun 3 2011, 09:25 PM']Hehehe lol.

As for recording stuff into my laptop, what is the best way?
I have a trace head with a lineout, and my sansamp, but nothing else to go between that and laptop, ideas?[/quote]

some kind of USB-Interface with a proper line in for Instruments would be nice... you might try with adaptors from Line Out to your mini-line in jack, but thats propably gonna sound a bit crappy. For mixing mp3-backing and line in signal, audacity seems to be the freeware of choice. Good luck!