Why become a member? ×

I own NINE basses!

thebrig

[quote name='tom1946' post='1211174' date='Apr 25 2011, 08:10 PM']You think you got problems? hah!

I have 9 basses, 14 guitars and 6 cars. Cars are my other addiction, gets expensive. :)[/quote]

Oh and you forgot to tell us about your 3rd addiction.... 'Robbing Banks'.

To pay for all the others.

When I stopped binge drinking about ten years ago I had just one bass, my beloved ESP jazz. I started having money for the first time in my life so I bought a Ric4003 fireglo. I enjoyed that a lot, very different beast to the ESP. Then I was playing in a proggy-metal band where I had a lot of room to fill so I bought an Ibanez SR3006 and it went from there. I enjoyed having to re-learn and adapt my technique to a six string format. I've got 10 basses now, all fairly different, though quite a few have passed through the door in the meantime, including the Ric and the SR. I enjoy having different basses for different sounds or different moods. Yes, I could abviously get by with just the ESP but I love playing bass, I don't feel guilty about having multiple instruments, I don't need to justify to myself or anyone else, the bills get paid so why not? At the moment, the only basses I'm really GASsing for are a Yamaha BB2024X and a four string Wal MkII, but if something interesting appears at the right price, you never know.

You need help son.

It can happen to anyone at a moment of weakness

Samaritans may be able to help or try the Salvation Army they can save your sole and there are not that many different kinds of tambourine to start re-offending.

I have found where you you are going wrong:-

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his [b]Bass[/b], nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's.

You can always buy a Conklin 6 string and join a gospel band and you will be forgiven

:)

[quote name='Doctor J' post='1211468' date='Apr 26 2011, 09:30 AM']At the moment, the only basses I'm really GASsing for are a Yamaha BB2024X and a four string Wal MkII, but if something interesting appears at the right price, you never know.[/quote]

My gas disappeared after getting the BB2024x and BB2025x. I've had them a year. Sometimes miracles happen ;-)

[quote name='Sean' post='1212252' date='Apr 27 2011, 01:50 AM']My gas disappeared after getting the BB2024x and BB2025x. I've had them a year. Sometimes miracles happen ;-)[/quote]
Thanks. Thanks a lot. I [i]was[/i] trying to convince myself I didn't need one :)

Get a stanley knife, every time you think about buying a new bass, cut one of your fingers off and drive to hospital to have it reattatched.
This will remind you, you don't need a billion basses and a billions amps and effects to be a great musician, as long as you have working hands you're all set.

I haven't tried this method so obviously you'll be my lab rat but I think it's a worthwhile contribution to humanity if you can save a few bassists from crippling bass related debt :)