Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones PJB Suitcase with matching 4B extension - PRICE DROP £700

I've reluctantly decided to part with my PJB suitcase and cab ( called together a Bitchcase) . My duo gigs only need a microcombo, so this bigger rig never gets an outing. It's been sat in my bedroom but getting sadly underused except for a bit of personal practice.

Suitcase combo is in pristine condition, cab has a couple of small marks. For those who dont know Phil Jones gear, it is superbly built, very high end, and expensive. As well as looking classy, this rig is versatile, portable and articulate :

- The two cabs fit easily in the boot/back of a car.
- The amp has two independent channels, each with its own separate graphic EQ. This means you can set up two basses on stage, adjusting each to taste before the gig. Useful if you need both fretted and fretless basses, or a passive and or a 4 and a 5-string. You dont have to use this feature though, it sounds pretty good with just one bass.
- This rig gives me the clearest sound I have ever heard from a bass amp . I've used many amps in my time (GK, Eden, Markbass, Orange etc.) but the clarity from this is phenomenal. Id keep it, if I had the space.

Heres some propaganda from the PJB site and some pics

[i]This has to be one of the highest spec ranges of amps on the market; I can readily see why this is regarded as a connoisseur’s amp. It’s bomb-proof in construction, has uniquely pure sound that will transform the sound of any bass put through it, and it provides everything the gigging player will want in terms of quality, reliability and sound. Totally silent and pure in operation, the no compromise hi-fi approach really works beautifully. For what it offers, the price is simply unbeatable (there’s a lot of higher priced amps that cannot match the suitcase for performance) and once you’ve tried one you will never look back.
Music Mart magazine UK[/i]

[attachment=78077:front_stack.JPG] [attachment=78078:back_stack.JPG] [attachment=78083:back.JPG] [attachment=78084:top.JPG] [attachment=78081:front_top.JPG]

Price : £750

Edited by loweringthetone

[quote name='leroybasslines' post='1209686' date='Apr 23 2011, 11:53 PM']Hi there! I already have a Suitcase but would be interested in the 4B. Are you up for splitting the sale?[/quote]

Ill contact you through PM

Edited by loweringthetone

I've got this exact same rig, fantastic piece of kit.

Have a 'I've got the exact same rig' bump on me!

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='1220226' date='May 4 2011, 08:20 PM']Bump for a classy self-contained rig with top quality sound[/quote]

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1236913' date='May 19 2011, 01:51 PM']Ditto - and if it weighed a bit less, I'd have bought it some time ago. :)

This is a fabulous rig at a very sensible price.[/quote]
Quality stuff and a great bloke to deal with, has to be worth a look.

[quote name='Ben Jamin' post='1237163' date='May 19 2011, 05:46 PM']I'll take it for the whole 750!
...if it's still around in November :)[/quote]
They way the market is at the mo it maybe, there's plenty of "belt tightening" going on and things are a bit slow; I used to have one of these, they sound fantastic and are beautifully built. Very good price too!

Bump. This rig still very much up for grabs. Im surprised it's still here too.

Thanks for all the interest and nice comments. I've had 3 offers to trade and whilst Im considering all of them seriously, nothing's quite hit the desirability button for me.

Anyone got an TC RH450 head for trade plus a bit of cash perhaps ?

Once all avenues exhausted, I'll consider splitting the rig.

• 1 month later...