Why become a member? ×

For Sale/Trade Yamaha TRB 6 II..SOLD

haruki

Yamaha TRB6 II in blue with rosewood board and gold bridge/machine heads. These were made in Japan and have a great clear tone and good build quality. Its got an active 3 band eq.

From the serial number I think this was made it 1999.
I bought it a couple of years back - I think its one of those basses that has been around basschat. Its in good condition - the only ding I can see is around the jack socket (see pic) and a bit on the back of the neck.

Its strung E to E at the moment (Overwater Nickel Roundwound) -for complicated reasons ---but makes it great for chords. I've got the low B string from the original set so easy to convert back to B-C.

No case I'm afraid just a Ritter Gig Bag. Would prefer pick up in either north essex or london. If needed I'm willing to drive a bit to meet up (+bit of petrol money).

[s]£500[/s] £450 ....

Interested in trades... good fretless, 4 string passive jazz, or compact amps/cabs, or EUB or whatever....+/- cash

[attachment=77623:006.JPG][attachment=77622:007.JPG][attachment=77621:004.JPG][attachment=77624:009.
JPG]

Plus two more pictures that show the bass is way too smart for my patio....

[attachment=78784:005.JPG][attachment=78785:008.JPG]

Edited 15_5

Edited by haruki

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1201760' date='Apr 16 2011, 12:39 PM']Ahh my old Yamaha..i am the original owner.....this is a great bass!!![/quote]

Thanks - i agree its a great bass.... and it has been well looked after ....nice to see an old friend?

I have a few things I would trade... I was trying to sell a few basses, but I changed my mind, got a bit tired of bargaining and at the same time I didn¨t want to let them go, but I had one of these TRB years ago and always regretted selling it,,, Check my profile, you¨ll see what I was selling. From what I have, I¨m positively sure of disposing of my original Hofner Reissue 63, maybe one of the Fenders as well. If we can not make a deal, best of luck with the sale!

Cheers.

[quote name='haruki' post='1202085' date='Apr 16 2011, 07:53 PM']yes i might be.. what have were you thinking of?[/quote]

[quote name='thumbo' post='1216033' date='Apr 30 2011, 06:26 PM']Can't believe this is still available! Such a great bass. The low B is killer.[/quote]

thanks thumbo - i agree

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1216324' date='May 1 2011, 08:37 AM']If this had been up 2 months ago it'd be mine!

Ah well, AMAZING basses!

Erm, bump? On me![/quote]

Thanks mate - guess i shouldnt have dithered.

Anyway another bump having added some pictures alfresco on the patio - gives an idea how much gardening I do.....

• 2 weeks later...