Why become a member? ×

I am not trying to rip of anybody Robert

richardd

I cannot sell my MiM jazz so this has to go,A 2003 USA Jazz Bass in CAR fitted with Dimarzio's and a badass huge sounding ,and Tastsefully Reliced.it has no case so collect /meet only or take of the neck and ship,it would be up to you ,No Trades Thank You £630

[attachment=77373:DSC04152...2003_CAR.jpg]

[attachment=77372:DSC04120_1__back.jpg]

[attachment=77371:DSC04116_1__front.jpg]

Edited by richardd

This is a HW1; you do know that right?
Looks cool with the wear and tear! but still maybe a little ambitious asking for 630 when that would have costed 500 new! (the new ones went up to 550, and 600 for SB...then went up a further 50ish, when the 'american specials' came out.

[quote name='richardd' post='1204126' date='Apr 18 2011, 08:52 PM']Hi Robert how do you know it is a Highway1[/quote]

This looks like Midnight Wine, which is one of the main colours for Highway One Jazz's, and not all that common on US standards. It's also got the satin finish, or at least looks that way on the photos.

[quote name='Ziphoblat' post='1204150' date='Apr 18 2011, 09:09 PM']This looks like Midnight Wine, which is one of the main colours for Highway One Jazz's, and not all that common on US standards. It's also got the satin finish, or at least looks that way on the photos.[/quote]

Also the truss rod adjustment is at the headstock end and it doesn't have through body stringing, both of which indicate a HW1 rather than US standard...

Edited by ikay

I may be a bit off the pace here - but I've got a MIM standard Jazz in midnight wine, and it isn't that colour! Satin or roadworn or frenzied attack with sandpaper, mines darker by miles..... Or perhaps someone lied to me me when they sold it to me as midnight wine!!! :)

C

[quote name='richardd' post='1202808' date='Apr 17 2011, 06:25 PM']What is all this sh-t Lawrence :)[/quote]

This sh-t is about the colour not being CAR - it just isn't! :) Like I said, CAR is a metallic flake colour and when it wears you see either silver or gold beneath the red (which is actually a translucent red layer). But I felt it was slightly pedantic pointing it out, so gave notice!

I hazarded a guess that it's a Highway 1 finish because of the wear/colour: looks like a thin, translucent nitro layer on bare wood to me. Never seen polyurethane wear like that especially over a relatively short period of time.

Steelman, I remember the MIM 'midnight wine' from a few years ago and it is indeed a darker colour, and solid I think. This looks more like 'wine red transparent' to me, a Highway 1 colour. As others have pointed out, lack of through-body stringing, the badass also says Highway 1. Great, toneful basses.

[quote name='richardd' post='1204126' date='Apr 18 2011, 08:52 PM']Hi Robert how do you know it is a Highway1[/quote]

trust me.. its a HW1. nitro finish (the lovely thin lacquer that wheres in like that)

its not stung through body

its has a skunk stripe on rear of neck

the truss rod adjustment is on the top of the headstock

there tuners are mexican

its one of the older HW1's without graphite support in the neck, and baddass bridge.

trust me.. I HAVE A HW1 AND AN AMERICAN STD :)

and im a fender geek!

but still its really nice!, just a little on the cheeky price side of things!

[quote name='steelman' post='1204260' date='Apr 18 2011, 10:59 PM']I may be a bit off the pace here - but I've got a MIM standard Jazz in midnight wine, and it isn't that colour! Satin or roadworn or frenzied attack with sandpaper, mines darker by miles..... Or perhaps someone lied to me me when they sold it to me as midnight wine!!! :)

C[/quote]

MIM midnight wine is different to the hw1 midnight wine!, dont worry no one lied to you :)

[quote name='Robert Manning' post='1203880' date='Apr 18 2011, 04:56 PM']This is a HW1; you do know that right?
Looks cool with the wear and tear! but still maybe a little ambitious asking for 630 when that would have costed 500 new! (the new ones went up to 550, and 600 for SB...then went up a further 50ish, when the 'american specials' came out.[/quote]
Comments about the exact model or the official name of the colour are all fine, but comments on the pricing, even if you have legitimate concerns that it may be on the high side, are contrary to the rules of the forum. Just, FYI.

[quote name='gjones' post='1207760' date='Apr 22 2011, 12:33 AM']You wouldn't know where I could get a midnight wine Highway 1 Jazz Bass would you? It's just I've been looking everywhere for one :)[/quote] ____

Are you taking the :)