Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1A

Paul S

Having decided lightweight is the new heavyweight, I am selling my main back-up bass - this lovely old shiny black Westone Thunder 1A. It is in very good nick for it's age, 1984, and all works. Nice and simple, no frills - single split coil p- type pup, active preamp (2 x 9V batteries) Neck is absolutely superb and when switched to active with the bass just rolled off a fraction it can shake foundations. Great 'woody' tone - good rock bass. Comes with an original fitted Westone hard case which works but doesn't look too pretty. £120 collected from Benfleet, Essex, I can deliver for fuel costs or will post (when I get a box)

[attachment=76821:westone9.jpg]
[attachment=76823:westone11.jpg]
[attachment=76822:westone10.jpg]
[attachment=76824:westone12.jpg]
[attachment=76825:westone13.jpg]

Edited by Paul S

Thanks Tom :)

Quick edit - it is currently not strung and I can put not-too-old-ish roundwounds or almost new D'Addario chrome flats (as per picture) on it, according to preference.

Another quick edit - width at nut is 40mm, btw. A little chunkier than a Jazz, a little thinner than most Ps.

Edited by Paul S

Bit of a long shot but I'd also look at a trade, with cash your way, for a Hohner B2AD - the active drop D model. If anyone has one gathering dust.

Or a wireless kit +/- cash depending on value.

Well if you don't ask?...

Oh, and bump....

Now this would fit the bill for me once my Ray sells. I love these, one of the most playable basses I ever owned and a thumping great sound to boot! :)

I'll keep my eye on it for when I have the pound notes. I could gracefully retire it (along with me) to bedroom use and the occasional guest spot!

Now withdrawn - my back is improving and, having played it today for the first time in a while, decided that fabulous woody growl is worth more to me than the money I'll get :)

Thanks for your interest folks! There will be plenty of others coming along, they regularly do. Just not as nice as this one... :)

[quote name='Paul S' post='1206312' date='Apr 20 2011, 07:27 PM']Now withdrawn - my back is improving and, having played it today for the first time in a while, decided that fabulous woody growl is worth more to me than the money I'll get :)

Thanks for your interest folks! There will be plenty of others coming along, they regularly do. Just not as nice as this one... :)[/quote]

Excellent decision !