Why become a member? ×

One for WaynePunkDude

I recall him waxing lyrical over how much he liked the look of the one he dropped at the House of Bass.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250800236490&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en"]Neck crack will keep the price down.[/url]

Edited by Mr. Foxen

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1189991' date='Apr 6 2011, 02:05 AM']I recall him waxing lyrical over how much he liked the look of the one he dropped at the House of Bass.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250800236490&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en"]Neck crack will keep the price down.[/url][/quote]

I can't remember my exact words but I believe it was something along the lines of 'It is the most hideous thing I've ever let into my house, it should be burned to save humanity'

[quote name='pbass67' post='1190694' date='Apr 6 2011, 05:09 PM']And I was the reason Wayne had it in his possession.
I still love it, and hopefully fitting a K&K pickup tomorrow.
That ebay one looked ok until I saw the crack in the neck. . .shame.[/quote]

And funnily enough Paul, I bought another identical one about 2 months after you got yours and it's perfect for rehearsing DB lines without having to lug that bloody big thing around!

Also have one, bought new circa 1980 - they were some of the first affordable acoustic basses at the time. Still has the original Roto tru bass strings, not a bad sound acoustically if quiet. Fitted a clip on Jazz bass pickup in the soundhole and its rather nice amplified.

The neck is huge and solid on mine - that one must have had some drop.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1190129' date='Apr 6 2011, 09:35 AM']I can't remember my exact words but I believe it was something along the lines of 'It is the most hideous thing I've ever let into my house, it should be burned to save humanity'[/quote]

even without a sunburst finish?