Why become a member? ×

Fender Road worn 50's P bass in fiesta red.... £670 for quick sale!!!

lastanthem88

Hi All

For sale is my one week old Road Worn P...

Bought this for £870 brand new from music shop near me last week, it's gorgeous but I just can't get away with the neck on a P bass. So used to J style, I really should learn (have done this before lol!!) but it sounded so great and the money was just burning a hole in my pocket... Have decided to sell then spend the cash on a nice 70's J instead.

I'm sure you all know about the Road Worn stuff (this is hardly Ebay after all) so wont bang on too much. The most impressive thing about the Road Worn instruments for me is not the look (although I am a fan of that too) but the 'played in' feel. I personally have never really liked the feel of a brand new bass, when I picked this up it felt like it had been played for thirty years! The action is fantastic, and it thumps like a true P. Big fan of the strings it came with as well, normally use D'Addario, these must be Fender stock I guess.

Here are some Pics. I'm looking for £670 (and I'm thinking about the J lol) and would prefer pick up? I always feel really uncomfortable posting a great instrument. I can also possibly meet half way or somthing if preffered... Just PM me or comment or anything. I'm in Middlesbrough.

[attachment=76732:Ipics_005.JPG]
[attachment=76731:Ipics_003.JPG]
[attachment=76730:Ipics_002.JPG]
[attachment=76734:Ipics_008.JPG]
[attachment=76733:Ipics_006.JPG]
[attachment=76735:Ipics_011.JPG]

Edited by lastanthem88

Okkkkk this is a little slower than I expected guys lol... this is brand spanking new (hmmm although can a roadworn ever be brand spanking new? Or can that be a selling point??? prob not...but hey)

Anyone interested in this beauty?!

[quote name='Macko1968' post='1189515' date='Apr 5 2011, 07:32 PM']Times are hard, witness my RW Jazz which made £725 with a set of Seymour Antiquities, CTS pots, chromes & a hard case. People just aren't spending - great for buyers, terrible for sellers.[/quote]

Good grief Macko - sounds a steal to me lol! Maybe I need to knock £100.00 off the price, aghhhh impulsive buys are bad!

Wouldnt care but these road worn things really are thumpers. I quite fancy one of the Jazz ones myself - why did you let yours go?

Yeah - I admit to being surprised to finding out they were made in Mexico. They are producing some top stuff these days, I sampled a Jazz when they first appeared and just assumed it was MIA. What a snob, taught me a lesson!!

I REALLY think its worth that asking price - think i'll tak your advice my man!

For sure Essex - only had this a week, played a wedding gig with it Sat night, there was a bass player in the audience (I picked him, he was watching my fingers during the slightly tricker numbers, you know the type haha!!) anyway he approached me at the end and was just bubbling over with the tone, although maybe the MarkBass had somthing to do with that as well...

Whatever they have done with these to make em feel so old, it's worked. LOVE the feel of a played in bass!

Stick with it for a week or two.
My '75 reissue Japanese jazz would have gone in hours this time last year. It's been on sale for a fortnight now with no really serious inquiries, so have had to 'Bay it (less competition :) ).

Good luck.

[quote name='karlfer' post='1189647' date='Apr 5 2011, 08:42 PM']Stick with it for a week or two.
My '75 reissue Japanese jazz would have gone in hours this time last year. It's been on sale for a fortnight now with no really serious inquiries, so have had to 'Bay it (less competition :) ).

Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks Karlfer - I know Ebay is tempting but its full of ill educated people lol i'd have to start explaining specs and stuff. Plus the charges are not the best... and less chance of a collection only. I have no faith in them, but I have every faith in the bass community here!!

[quote name='guybrush threepwood' post='1189909' date='Apr 5 2011, 11:30 PM']If you like the bass and don't want to take a hit on the price, why don't you see if anyone wants to trade necks for a RW jazz neck?[/quote]

Could by an idea Guybrush - I do love the bass. But I fancy splashing out on (another) Jazz bass also?! Serious GAS at the moment!! Decisions, decisions....

[quote name='guybrush threepwood' post='1189909' date='Apr 5 2011, 11:30 PM']If you like the bass and don't want to take a hit on the price, why don't you see if anyone wants to trade necks for a RW jazz neck?[/quote]

Getting more tempted to go down this route.... :-)

[quote name='tom1946' post='1194263' date='Apr 10 2011, 07:26 AM']I'd go back to the shop and say you made a mistake and you want the jazz version, doubt you'd lose much more than you would here. :)[/quote]

Thanks for the advice there Tom - know the guy in the shop fairly well, they won't be getting any more road worn in (it's more of a bass starter pack shop... they only get one or two high end models in at a time...) so scuppered there. May just hang on to it for a while, or consider Evilbay...

Amaaaazing basses. I love mine and would never get rid. These things play so well, It really does play itself.

Lowest action I've ever got on a bass with no buzz, lovely soft wooden tone and feel to the bass, not slick and shiny and 'hard' sounding like normal. Very warm, very thumpy.

Amazingly light basses too.

The neck took a bit of getting used to for me too, and I had come from Precisions anyway. Once you get used to it though you'll wonder why you ever worried.

The vintage fretboard radius just makes it for me. Why don't they give fretboards a curve like that anymore?? Makes playing so much easier! Plus the rolled in fretboard edges.

Ive been after another, purely cos I think these basses are future classics. I want to get a spare in case anything happens to mine! Shame I can't afford it right now.

[quote name='cameltoe' post='1194531' date='Apr 10 2011, 01:05 PM']Amaaaazing basses. I love mine and would never get rid. These things play so well, It really does play itself.

Lowest action I've ever got on a bass with no buzz, lovely soft wooden tone and feel to the bass, not slick and shiny and 'hard' sounding like normal. Very warm, very thumpy.

Amazingly light basses too.

The neck took a bit of getting used to for me too, and I had come from Precisions anyway. Once you get used to it though you'll wonder why you ever worried.

The vintage fretboard radius just makes it for me. Why don't they give fretboards a curve like that anymore?? Makes playing so much easier! Plus the rolled in fretboard edges.

Ive been after another, purely cos I think these basses are future classics. I want to get a spare in case anything happens to mine! Shame I can't afford it right now.[/quote]

Agreed Camel - the fretboard is lovely, rolled edges are great. My hands just cant seem to get on with a P. It really does 'thump' and feel like a vintage.

Which is why i'm so surprised that it has still not sold... lol!!

A long shot I know but would you be interested in a trade for my mint condition 70's Jazz (Mim) plus cash?

Currently fitted with a black pearl pickguard. The original white one is also available.

Cheers

Pete

[attachment=77827:2010_05__May__002.jpg]

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='xzodar' post='1203666' date='Apr 18 2011, 03:01 PM']A long shot I know but would you be interested in a trade for my mint condition 70's Jazz (Mim) plus cash?

Currently fitted with a black pearl pickguard. The original white one is also available.

Cheers

Pete

[attachment=77827:2010_05__May__002.jpg][/quote]

Hi Pete

So sorry mate just picked up this message been away for three weeks with work and not checked... the P is still sat at home! I may be interested... what deal could you offer me? - PM me if you like.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...