Why become a member? ×

Hmm Theoretical GAS

charic

Currently GAS'ing for a 6 string bass and I've got a shortlist, budget around 2k (which I don't have) and I'm not going to be making a move for a long time however:
Bongo 6 (In red or blue)
Shuker 6 (Horn or Uberhorn)
Dingwall AfterBurner I in probably whalepoolburst

What would be your choice? Why? Any other selections to keep this GAS interesting? :)

[quote name='charic' post='1184349' date='Apr 1 2011, 10:24 AM']Currently GAS'ing for a 6 string bass and I've got a shortlist, budget around 2k (which I don't have) and I'm not going to be making a move for a long time however:
Bongo 6 (In red or blue)
Shuker 6 (Horn or Uberhorn)
Dingwall AfterBurner I in probably whalepoolburst

What would be your choice? Why? Any other selections to keep this GAS interesting? :)[/quote]

Bongo 6's sound incredible.. But to me, they just feel enormous! I have a Sumer 6, and it's great! But the you do need to factor in the agonising wait and build time! I did like the Dingwall 6 I tried, but again, with the long scale on the b, it felt big. If you like single cuts, check out the wood n tronics 6er at bass direct! Very nice.

Just read the title, if you can find the deposit for the shuker (around 40%) then the waiting game could certainly work for you, as by the time you've saved it should be ready!

Although, this is certainly one to look at while your still thinking...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=126803&st"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=126803&st[/url]

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1184372' date='Apr 1 2011, 10:37 AM']Just read the title, if you can find the deposit for the shuker (around 40%) then the waiting game could certainly work for you, as by the time you've saved it should be ready!

Although, this is certainly one to look at while your still thinking...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=126803&st"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=126803&st[/url][/quote]

I'm not hugely into single cuts and I love my ACG 4 however I'd prefer a varied collection, I have to admit the wait is slightly off putting with the Shuker however when I played Doods it played and sounded incredible so it's still holding it's own.

[quote name='Beedster' post='1184383' date='Apr 1 2011, 10:41 AM']No such thing as 'theoretical GAS' dude. It's like gravity, you may not always be aware of it, but it's always there.[/quote]

You mean gravity isn't just a theory? :)

:)

Edited by charic

[quote name='martindupras' post='1184684' date='Apr 1 2011, 01:31 PM']Personally I have a Bongo 5 and can vouch that it is an incredible instrument.

I'm also getting a Shuker built, which in some ways is designed around some of my favourite aspects of the Bondo, so hurray for Jon Shuker from me.

- martin[/quote]

So what your saying is I should get both :)

[quote name='martindupras' post='1184975' date='Apr 1 2011, 04:38 PM']Well, I'm hoping the Shuker will do everything the Bongo does and more. That's the idea anyway.

- martin[/quote]

Me thinks you should start a wee thread about this bass...
(Apologies if you already have :) )

Eude