Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot GP7 SM 300w Bass Head: now SOLD

Kev

Trace Elliot GP7 SM 300w Head

This head started life in a combo, before being rehoused in solid wooden casing. 300w at 4 ohms, loud and powerful as you would expect from Trace Elliot. Usual 7 band preamp with the two mid preshape options, front DI and effects loop etc, just the standard GP7 SM preamp. Reliably informed that the fan has been replaced with a new one in the recent past, no issues whatsover... However, when Home Delivery Network delivered this amp to me, they knocked it around a bit, and consequently the handle of the case has broken. Very easily repaired if needed but i have only used at home so have had no need to do so.

TRADED

Ashdown ABM Mini 115 Cab

One of the original Made in England ABM cabs, the ones with the square handles and the Ashdown logo to the left rather than the centre. Lovely little cab, 300W at 8 ohms, lightweight yet has fantastic bottom and clear highs. Cosmetically not perfect, but since when does that effect tone ;)

WITHDRAWN

Edited by Kev

• 3 months later...

[quote name='stoker' post='1289522' date='Jul 1 2011, 08:22 PM']i've got one of these heads but the speaker jacks say 8 ohms. what resistance cab should i get?[/quote]
1 or 2 eight ohm cabs, or 1 four ohm cab :)

forgot about this thread....

200 Great British Pounds for both, collection from Warwick only, don't have time to ship these days unfortunatley. Pictures can be sorted at request.

Very much interested in trades for low power practice amps, plus cash were necessary. Thinking PJ Combos, smaller MB or GK efforts, that kind of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Kev' post='1314603' date='Jul 24 2011, 11:42 AM']Will split, but only if i get a sale for both as i don't wish to be stuck with one :)[/quote]

Well, I'll definitely have the cab if someone else takes the head!

EDIT: I'm out I'm afraid, found a Marshall at a good price; good luck with selling!

Edited by Ian Savage

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some more pictures of the Trace Elliot head:
[attachment=100686:R0012901 copy.jpg]
[attachment=100687:R0012902 copy.jpg]
[attachment=100688:R0012903 copy.jpg]
[attachment=100689:R0012904 copy.jpg]
[attachment=100690:R0012905 copy.jpg]
[attachment=100691:R0012906 copy.jpg]

As mentioned, the handle is broken, but this is still a stupid bargain for an old english classic.

Both still available.

Had a few requests for delivery, these are both collection only. Working full time gives me no chance to wait around for a courier collection, and given the loose part in the head i wouldn't want to ship it again.

£80 for head, £100 for cab.

PM's replied, both still available and both are COLLECTION ONLY! (now had a request for international shipping!).

These are stupid cheap and i think i will withdraw them if they don't sell soon, getting silly now.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1331280445' post='1570577']
These are stupid cheap and i think i will withdraw them if they don't sell soon, getting silly now.
[/quote]

True dat, can't vouch for the cab, but I had one of the SM heads a while back - brilliant, just brilliant and a no-brainer at this price. I'd have had it already where it not for geography.