Why become a member? ×

GB Streamliner & Berg AE112

dmccombe7

Have just ordered a Genz Benz Streamliner 600 with Berg AE112 cab from Bass Direct.
Mark was excellent. Returned my calls when he was busy, answered all my email queries almost instantly even late in evening.

Was originally looking at the 900 and 2 cabs but after discussing with Mark i agreed with him that i wouldn't need that size of rig unless i was playing very large venues at loud volumes.
He saved me quite a bit of money with his advice.
Really nice guy and very helpful.

Now i just have to wait impatiently until its delivered.

This is my 1st new amp in 7 yrs and really excited and looking forward to trying it out at rehearsal ASAP.

Dave
:) :) :lol:

Dave, if you wouldn't mind I'd love to make the trip from Balfron to Lanark to hear this wonderful rig when it arrives.

Maybe you'd even be good enough to let me bring my bass and try it out as I am seriuosly thinking of going down the very same route ( 900 and 2 cabs - or possibly the new Aggy stuff as an option ) you were originally going down. I'd be sooo interested to hear this.

thanks
Stewart

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='1180710' date='Mar 29 2011, 01:08 PM']Dave, if you wouldn't mind I'd love to make the trip from Balfron to Lanark to hear this wonderful rig when it arrives.

Maybe you'd even be good enough to let me bring my bass and try it out as I am seriuosly thinking of going down the very same route ( 900 and 2 cabs - or possibly the new Aggy stuff as an option ) you were originally going down. I'd be sooo interested to hear this.

thanks
Stewart[/quote]

Appreciate the replies.
I'm quite excited about the new rig. Not sure when it will arrive but just adds to the excitement i guess. :) :lol: :D

Stewart
I'll try and remember when it arrives and drop you a PM. From what Mark at Bass Direct advised the 600 and 1 cab is more than enough although some guys prefer the 2nd cab and have returned for it. I guess I'll trial and error it first and take it from there.
Where is Balfron ???

:)
Cheers
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

• 7 months later...

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1322544316' post='1452321']
How you getting on with the streamliner and one AE112? I have the shuttle 6.0 and the ae112 again from mark it has been great. Contemplating the streamliner, so just wondered if you were loving it as it is or looking for additional cab?
Tony
[/quote]

Hi Tony,
Still loving the rig although when i bought it i wsn't actually with my current band playing classic rock. Did eventually go for the 2nd cab and it does make a bit of difference to the overall sound. Not really on volume but more presence. The GB streamliner runs kinda 50% vol and has a fair amount of headroom. Had to tweak the horns back to 9 o'clock position as sounded a bit too hi-ended for rock. Great for other styles though but you do hear every little rattle, fret buzz or failing in your technique. On the plus side it helps to improve your playing.
The SL600 has a nice warm sound and the Berg cabs just give exactly what the amp puts out sound wise.
I tend to run the amp flat with only minor tweaks either way on bass and mid. Very occasionally reduce the treble a touch.
You can choose overdrive the amp with the gain but personally I'm not into that kind of sound so I'm pretty much running the Gain, Pre-vol and master vol at 12 o'clock during a noisy rehearsal. Still to gig with this band yet but the band all agree my rig sounds better than any I've used at studios incl Ampeg, Ashdown, SWR, Warwick. usually into 8x10 cabs by Ampeg or Warwick. My rig gives a more punchier sound cutting thru the mix more clearly without the deep thud often heard from rock bassists.

I love it.
Hope that helps
Dave
Bought the 2nd cab quite simply because i fealt that one cab wasn't gonna be enough even with bands i jam with for fun. I must admit though that one cab at jam sessions did pretty good to be honest.

I picked u a STreamliner 6.0 at the weekend that will be used with my Barefaced Super12T.

I went down to Nevada in Portsmouth with the L2500's and S12T cab to try out the Streamliner with the cab, and while there A/B'd it with a Shuttle 6.0.

The Shuttle is nice, but for what I want the amp for (classic rock, prog & a bit of poppy country) it was too clinical and bright. The Streamliner was a lot warmer - three valves no doubt.

Into the S12T with the Streamliner I was adding in a bit of the horn. With the Shuttle I was turning the horn off completely as it was too bright