Why become a member? ×

Encores

BigRedX

One song as an encore is acceptable if punters really want it. After that I just tell them if they want more then come to our next gig. Then point them in the direction of the mailing list sign up so they know when next gig is.

I'd say it depends how big a band yoollu are.

If you're a small, pub playing band, theres no point charging back on stage and play the second half of your set as an "encore." It'd be like a Jazz player stage-diving and doing the whole hardcore neck-whiplash bollocks.

If you're a little bigger, then yeah, I'd say one encore is okay. If you're playing large venues, then yeah, 2, 3 encores, it's all good for the fans.

But I remember when I went to see Kasabian, they did like 8 encores or some high-end even number of them, and by the end of it, I was just like, "so yeah, you were supposed to be off stage 30 minutes ago, correct?"

Ah drunken band-members. *wipes tear.*

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1179176' date='Mar 28 2011, 09:56 AM']I always think it's funny when pub bands do this and everyone has already gone.[/quote]
And pretty pointless in pubs where 'leaving the stage' means moving 18" off to the left and standing around like a prize turnip.

Worse still, I've actually witnessed a couple of pub bands play 'wild cheering' sound effects through their PA and come bounding back on, waving like idiots to the proverbial 2 men and a dog.

It fairly makes your starfish pucker.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='1180364' date='Mar 29 2011, 02:11 AM']And pretty pointless in pubs where 'leaving the stage' means moving 18" off to the left and standing around like a prize turnip.

Worse still, I've actually witnessed a couple of pub bands play 'wild cheering' sound effects through their PA and come bounding back on, waving like idiots to the proverbial 2 men and a dog.

It fairly makes your starfish pucker.[/quote]

Classic - toe curling but I kind of admire band's that carry on regardless- even if the dog's not interested.

We're a bit random , sometimes an old rocker ( rarely rehearsed), sometme's a gentle accoustic number to act as a lullaby, sometime's something we didn't play earlier - " Nut, I'm no playin' that - it's too fast/slow/poncy/I've got cramp/I need a pee"

Harder to deal with - the drunk/aggressive/very vocal punter - pander to them ?

Here's a wee something maybe familiar?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24_tiGZgPP4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24_tiGZgPP4[/url]

Edited by Donnyboy