Why become a member? ×

Bass notation software?

Is there a basic and idiot proof programme that I can get that will allow me to put notes and all relevant markings onto a blank staff and then be able to print off and update/correct pieces at a later date? I have blank pages with scribble on but would like to put it all down neatly and print them off. Cheap, basic any user friendly please. Thanks :)

Guitar Pro is actually tab software, but it also makes an attempt at converting the tab to standard music notation. You can also choose whether to display the tab/music/both, and print them out. If you've not tried it already it might be worth a shot :)

Edited by chrismuzz

As Doddy says Musescore is very good, and free, but it is full on [But you need to start somewhere]

I use Finale - but they have a great 'Idiot Proof' starter with 'Finale Notepad' for $9.95
You can download the Notepad demo and see how Idiot proof it is.
[url="http://www.finalemusic.com/NotePad/default.aspx"]http://www.finalemusic.com/NotePad/default.aspx[/url]

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1176786' date='Mar 26 2011, 12:56 AM']Guitar Pro is actually tab software, but it also makes an attempt at converting the tab to standard music notation. You can also choose whether to display the tab/music/both, and print them out. If you've not tried it already it might be worth a shot :)[/quote]

I think the early versions were more directed at Tab and 'did' notation - I'd highly recommend version 6 though as it's GUI is a massive improvement over 5 - it allows you to insert standard notation cleanly and simply. Yup, I'd recommed it too.

Now Im having trouble working out what note lengths my piece contains! In true computer fashion it decides what rest lengths I have left but if I miss a note I cant drop it back in where I want? Im going to clear my brain with some playing then come back but you lot may of left your selves open for hundreds of stupid questions :)