Why become a member? ×

not a bad practice amp for £500

d-basser

Yup I just picked up a practically mint EBS Fafner for a meer 500 of our british pounds, I say practice amp cause neither of my bands are currently gigging but this wasnt really a deal i could pass up on.
Only ickle prob, the bulb that iluminate the tube is gubbed, any idea how i can replace this?
Also what are the exact power ratings, 600W-2ohms, 440W-4ohms ???

but all in all, OH YEAH!!!

[quote name='d-basser' post='133870' date='Feb 4 2008, 08:51 PM']Also what are the exact power ratings, 600W-2ohms, 440W-4ohms ???[/quote]

Exactly what you say. With a 2 ohm load, it delivers 600w. With a 4 ohm load, it delivers 440w.

What this really means, if you are running the head with 2x 4ohm cabs, you will get 600w. If you are running the head with 2x 8ohm cabs, you'll get 440. Of course, this also means you can run 4x 8ohm cabs to get 600w.

As for replacement bulbs, give Bernie a call at GB guitars (EBS distributor). He'll be able to get one in for you. (If he hasn't already got one)

Edited by EBS_freak

• 10 months later...

[quote name='d-basser' post='134580' date='Feb 5 2008, 07:54 PM']sounds yummy through my cheapy peavey cab, I just love the fact it goes to 11, so spinal tap[/quote]

For the bulb I wrote directly to EBS and they kindly sent me 2 in the
post. Very aimiable chaps indeed

cheers

greg

[quote name='Rich' post='355867' date='Dec 16 2008, 12:33 PM']My 500 quid has just bought me this:

Result :huh: :huh: :huh:
*hops excitedly from foot to foot, waiting for it to turn up*[/quote]
Very nice too! The one SWR I've ever played through really impressed me. Enjoy :)

I wonder if those bulbs blowing is a common occurence as I remember contemplating buying a Fafner 12-18mths ago and the 2 that I was thinking of getting both had blown bulbs! IIRC the bulb doesn't do anything and is just for show, so it didn't put me off but I wonder if they modded the later Fafners?

Congrats to both of you, very nice Christmas pressies!