Why become a member? ×

hello from eltham

balbosa

hi guys new to the forum been bassing for years been in several bands unfortunately all have now fallen through and im in bass limbo a bit now =/ i play a schecter bass nothing crazy and have an aria pro 2 that was my first basses this is half the reason im here i wonder if anyone can id it as its a weird one :) il post a thread in the right section for that

thanks guys treat me nicely :)

[quote name='balbosa' post='1175402' date='Mar 24 2011, 11:30 PM']no way! thats been shut down now for as long as i can remember its such a shame looked like a good venue i cant believe how close everyone is[/quote]

I grew up in Crofton Park in the 70's, so the places we played were The Greyhound, The Yorkshire Grey and The Dutch House on the A20, The Swiss Cottage in Forest Hill and the New Tigers Head in Lee.

[quote name='alanbass1' post='1177564' date='Mar 26 2011, 07:48 PM']I grew up in Crofton Park in the 70's, so the places we played were The Greyhound, The Yorkshire Grey and The Dutch House on the A20, The Swiss Cottage in Forest Hill and the New Tigers Head in Lee.[/quote]

I's be interested in knowing what pub the Swiss Cottage was in FH? lived round there most of my life and keen on local history but I can't remember that name popping up. still they change so often and I have a poor memory so that's no surprise :)

Cheers

R.

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='1177596' date='Mar 26 2011, 08:18 PM']Are there any still open now that we have internet?

[/quote]

I think I heard a radio ad for them the other day so I guess there are some still open, my local shut a year or two ago.

[quote name='Rumple' post='1177590' date='Mar 26 2011, 08:12 PM']I's be interested in knowing what pub the Swiss Cottage was in FH? lived round there most of my life and keen on local history but I can't remember that name popping up. still they change so often and I have a poor memory so that's no surprise :)

Cheers

R.[/quote]
From a bit of nosing around t'interweb, I turfed up these:

It was on the corner of Stanstead Road & Wastdale Road (just before the Fire Station & the Shell garage if you were heading towards Catford). It 'mysteriously caught fire' in 1978 & there's a modern block of rather yellow flats there now.

Welcome aboard Balbosa... at this rate, we'll be able to hold a SE London Bashette.

Edited by Bloodaxe

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='1177811' date='Mar 27 2011, 01:35 AM']From a bit of nosing around t'interweb, I turfed up these:

It was on the corner of Stanstead Road & Wastdale Road (just before the Fire Station & the Shell garage if you were heading towards Catford). It 'mysteriously caught fire' in 1978 & there's a modern block of rather yellow flats there now.

Welcome aboard Balbosa... at this rate, we'll be able to hold a SE London Bashette.[/quote]

That's the one. I played there in'78!

Edited by alanbass1

[quote name='Rumple' post='1177925' date='Mar 27 2011, 08:31 AM']Blimey just around the corner from the secondary school I would have just started at in 78!

Well done Bloodaxe :)[/quote]

If you went to Roger Manwood School it was a few minutes walk away. I went to Forest Hill School (Dacres Road), left in '79.