Why become a member? ×

Bass trainers

Jondeeman

I'm looking for some help in choosing a new bass trainer. My Tascam BT-CD1 was a great concept, but rather fragile, and eventually fell apart. I've lived without it for a while, but enjoyed the flexibility it gave me in practice. After putting up with Tascam foibles, I'm not necessarily keen to invest my hard earned cash that way again.

Any advice on a suitable replacement / ideas / comments will be gratefully received.

[quote name='JellyKnees' post='1164227' date='Mar 16 2011, 11:25 AM']For a minute there, I though you were after some groovy shoes to get funky in!

:)[/quote]

:) :lol:

Nah, my feet start to stink in trainers!

Still a clean sweep for Tascam... glad to hear they're getting stronger. Is the MB-BT1 available? Thought it was replaced by a mk. 2?

[quote name='The inglourious bass turd' post='1167615' date='Mar 18 2011, 10:38 PM']Where was that from? I am looking on t'net, and can only find in the £150 bracket.....[/quote]
It was from soundslive.co.uk but they seem not to have them any more - sorry....

[quote name='Geddys nose' post='1164724' date='Mar 16 2011, 06:11 PM']The BT1 is still sold but they have brought a new player out-

[url="http://tascam.com/product/gb-10/"]http://tascam.com/product/gb-10/[/url]

Never tried this one but it does both Guitar & bass and it records- Hmm will have to have one of these.[/quote]
I'd seen the GB-10, but there don't seem to be many reviews around. It's only around 20 quid more than a MP-BT1... and now I'm not sure if it's worth the difference - dilemmas!!!!!!

[quote name='Jondeeman' post='1170472' date='Mar 21 2011, 11:07 AM']I'd seen the GB-10, but there don't seem to be many reviews around. It's only around 20 quid more than a MP-BT1... and now I'm not sure if it's worth the difference - dilemmas!!!!!![/quote]

If I had the choice at the time knowing what I know now then the new one is worth the extra simply for the ability to use a footswitch to start/stop playback. It's a bit of a scramble to get back in position after pressing play with your finger :)

Guys, thanks for all the help.

After going through the details, I've decided to see what the GB-10 offers and give TASCAM a second shot... I was swung on the AA battery and SD card. The footpedal is another £50, so I've decided to live without (for a while, at least). If anyone is interested, I'd be more than happy to review.

[quote name='Jondeeman' post='1171859' date='Mar 22 2011, 10:43 AM']Guys, thanks for all the help.

After going through the details, I've decided to see what the GB-10 offers and give TASCAM a second shot... I was swung on the AA battery and SD card. The footpedal is another £50, so I've decided to live without (for a while, at least). If anyone is interested, I'd be more than happy to review.[/quote]

Just be a little bit careful. This came up in a thread a month or so ago and, aLthough the GB10 has more and some very nice features, there are somethings that an MB-BT1 will do that the GB10 won't. For example The MB BT1 will allow you to boost or cut the bass on the playback track where as the GB10 wont. Also the GB10 seems much bigger - I don't think it would sit in your pocket like a BT1. Personally I liked the built in battery of the BT1 rather than having to carry AA's around.

Looking forward to a GB10 review if you do get one.