Why become a member? ×

Quick question about Thomann

absolutpepper

Have used them quite a lot, for cables, effects lighting, PA bits, they are cheap for Warwick bass spares, I bought a load of music stand lights K&M but they came with Euro plugs and i had to by adapters. I complained that this should have been made clear on the page as I was on the UK pages. That was the only issue i have had. Some times they are cheaper some times not.

[quote name='deepbass5' post='1158797' date='Mar 11 2011, 11:12 PM']I bought a load of music stand lights K&M but they came with Euro plugs[/quote]
As was the case with the wireless I bought from Thomann. IIRC, others have had this issue.

Not a dealbreaker when everything else is taken into account.

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='1158868' date='Mar 12 2011, 01:20 AM']As was the case with the wireless I bought from Thomann. IIRC, others have had this issue.

Not a dealbreaker when everything else is taken into account.[/quote]

All outr lights have had euro plugs. Not a big deal though.

VAT is calculated based on the delivery adress, that's European law.

I have delivery adresses in Germany and Luxembourg.
Based on the the total amount (determining if shipping is free, or not), I decide if I have it shipped to Luxembourg (VAT= 15%) and paying the shipping fees (8€), or have it shipped to Germany and eating the increased VAT 18%.

Google is one's friend. From the website of the European Commission's Taxation and Customs Union Directorate-General:

[quote][b]Mail order and distance purchasing [/b]

[i]Goods[/i]

The rules applicable to mail order and distance purchasing are identical whether goods are ordered by telephone, from a catalogue or via the internet.

The general rule for supplies of goods to private individuals in the single market is the "origin" principle. This means that private individuals pay VAT in the Member State of purchase, and do not have additional VAT to pay on return to their own Member State.

However, for "distance selling" (where the supplier and the customer are located in different Member States, and the goods are dispatched to the customer), there are a number of different possibilities, all related to the level of trade of the supplier, which determines whether the "origin" or "destination" principles apply.

The general rule is that it is the VAT rate of the supplier which applies ("origin" principle). However, if the level of sales in any one Member State exceed a certain threshold (either €35.000 or €100.000 depending on the Member State)or if the supplier opts, then he must register for VAT and charge VAT at the rate applicable in that Member State ("destination" principle).

This means that distance sellers must charge the VAT rate applicable in the Member State of the customer where the supplies to all customers in that Member State exceed the relevant threshold.[/quote]

[url="http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/common/about/index_en.htm"]http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/commo...ut/index_en.htm[/url]