Why become a member? ×

The Big Cats Stuff pt2

Mr Cougar

For what it's worth here are my four main instruments, need to get my others on here but here's a starter, 93 Stingray, 71 Gibson LP Triumph, 79 Stingray Fretless and a Sandberg California JM. Also my rack which I had to customise myself to make sure there was enough space to allow ventilation between the units.

Edited by Mr Cougar

I don't have any sound clips but to be honest you can make it sound like a load of different guitars cos its so versatile anything from the classic Gibbo thump to a sort of Jazz and P Bass set of sounds plus some really odd ones. Sound engineers love the low impedance setting so long as you remember to tell them.

The scale length is 30" 3/8ths and it is a very thin neck which makes it really fast to play. Low E has a bit of a dead thump but you don't really get it when amplified.

Really like the Sandberg Jazz, and its nice to see another BassPOD user!

Ive had mine 2 weeks now and I love it - still fiddling and tweaking with my sounds, with some much appreciated help from Mr Ped *tips hat*, and its an awesome bit of kit.

Contemplating buying another rack and having a rack Bass POD and a power amp for simplicity....

Cai - thanks very much, my Sandy plays really well to the point where my Stingrays are starting to get a bit jealous.

Ped - bearing in mind that the Behringer compressor only cost about £80 I am very pleased with it really, good responsive bit of kit and looks very cool with the illuminated tubes. I'm sure better ones are out there but I find it very useful and I also use it for the two channels when recording the drum kit when I put it into my Roland VS880 EX. It has a 'warmth' feature on it which does, in my approximation, the sum total of f**k all, but thats the only thing I could complain about.

Luke - I also love the 'Pod. Because the GK 700rb is a very modern sound, I use a variation on the standard tube amp setting for a rich warm vintage sound, then depending on the type of stuff I'm playing I put it through one of the many cab settings. I also have a very cool wooly mamoth type distortion sound which I put through the SVT simulator. That said if you have the rack mount version you need a seperate foot controller which is not cheap.

Edited by Mr Cougar