Why become a member? ×

hello from Devon/Coventy!

namesarehard

Hi Everyone
I'm Liam, I'm 22 and am in Exeter at the moment in my last year of university.. I come from Coventry originally though, and'll be back there at the end of this year!

Been playing bass since I was about 11 (and guitar for a little longer) and atm have a bit of a butchered '65 eb-0 (which should be pictured down belw somewhere!) which I love as well as a MIJ precision. Have a thing for old valve amps and have a few old WEMs and a pair of laneys. Looking at either a new Ampeg or Orange very soon though.

Anyway - good to meet you all!

[quote name='Rowbee' post='1147698' date='Mar 2 2011, 09:12 PM']Welcome Liam. I'm from Coventry too and also spent some time time living in Exeter. In my experience Bristol and Exeter have some pretty good scenes going and are both far more diverse than here. Enjoy. :-)[/quote]

Thanks. It's strange being as Exeter's a smaller city, but there seems to be much more going on, and as you say it's more diverse!

[quote name='Dave Vader' post='1148476' date='Mar 3 2011, 03:26 PM']Hello fellow Devonian, we play in Exeter a lot, though I've not been to Coventry since 1990, has it changed much? :)[/quote]

I was 2 in 1990, so not too much help I'm afraid. As Rowbee says, it's grey and miserable now though, and I imagine it was much the same then! I'll try and come check you guys out next time you play in Exeter.