Why become a member? ×

The Mother of all...GONE!!!

andy67

Hey good basschatters,

I have decided it is time to part with my beloved never gigged pro set-up. It comprises of the following:

[b]Trace Elliot V4[/b] all valve, 220w 4/8 ohms bass amp in beautiful condition. However, it is heavy and a bloody monster to boot!

[b]Ampeg Classic[/b] 810e cab in fabulous condition.

Looking for £1200 for the lot! A snip for a pro-rig of such obvious magnificence! Probably about £1500 - £2000 less if trying to put together a similar rig.

Any questions, fire away.

cheers

andy

Edited by andy67

Hey Andy,

Never thought I would see the TE head up as I know how much you love the sound from it.

All the very best with the sale buddy and im sure at this price it wont be up for very long.

And to anyone who is interested,,,,Andy is a real top bloke and keeps his gear in showroom condition, so buy with confidence from this man.

Cheers

Hi folks,

Cheers for the kind words. Hey Steve, its just too much for me now. The band look like its coming to an end and I'm just kidding myself in regards to having gigs for this kind of rig. It does though, need to be used, unlikely by me but someone else will get the benefit of a stunning set-up.

And.

WOW! just WOW!

I dont think i will ever sell my V4. Its just too damn good, at everything. Yours is slightly different to mine, mine has the overdrive channel and compressor. I didnt know they did 2 models. Do you know any history about the differences? just to please my geekiness :) As far as i know, they only made around 20 of these.

Good luck with the sale, someone is gonna be in heaven with this sound!

[quote name='longtimefred' post='1146474' date='Mar 1 2011, 09:53 PM']WOW! just WOW!

I dont think i will ever sell my V4. Its just too damn good, at everything. Yours is slightly different to mine, mine has the overdrive channel and compressor. I didnt know they did 2 models. Do you know any history about the differences? just to please my geekiness :) As far as i know, they only made around 20 of these.

Good luck with the sale, someone is gonna be in heaven with this sound![/quote]

Hi there..just a chip in sort of thingy...

Your V4 is the same series as the V8 I had, these were the last tube amps produced by 'the real Trace' , these were later than the original 'V' type range which all had a tube preamp and a choice of either SS (hybrid sub series) or tube power stages.. which came as a V4 (Andy's model) and a V6 (4 tubes along the back and 2 'dog-legged' inwards... these suceeded the original 'Twin' (100w 2xKT88), 'Quattra' (200w 4xKT88) and 'Hexa' (300w 6xKT88) series which had GP series SS preamps (there was also an 'in-between' VA400 (6x6550 with both SS AND tube preamps)... Andys' series of V4 is so in your face for 200 'Rock' watts it's not true whereas the V6 was much more HiFi.. I've heard this set up umteen times and it is easily as good as you think it's goingto be.... [i][b]but louder!!![/b][/i]

Andy (a fat bald one)

[quote name='longtimefred' post='1146474' date='Mar 1 2011, 09:53 PM']WOW! just WOW!

Good luck with the sale, someone is gonna be in heaven with this sound![/quote]

Thanks folks,

It is definitely difficult parting with this rig however, I'm doing nothing at the moment and likely not much more in the future. Ta Andy for the techie explanation. I'll get some detailed pics up at the weekend.

andy

Ooooh! That head would sound just simply incredible with the Trace V-series 1528 cab that I have up for sale!

Might even be tempted myself.... How much would you be looking for on the amp?

Edited by Conan

I reckon £700 is a fair price for a collectible rare piece of Trace history. I got there due to the rather hefty pricing of far inferior new valve amps but as always...open to offers - not above the stated price though!

cheers for the question

andy

ps, I have heard it on one of those cabs and it does sound awesome! (Ask Rumour6 or Thornybank)

Edited by andy67

[quote name='andy67' post='1153937' date='Mar 8 2011, 03:23 PM']I reckon £700 is a fair price for a collectible rare piece of Trace history.[/quote]

I think you're probably right! Sadly, that's more than I've got to spend at the moment - so unfortunately, I'm out.

And dead jealous of whoever gets this!

I need to stop looking at this. I'm starting to have silly thoughts. Like, for example "would the OP be interested in trading his V4 for my BFB Vintage and LH500?". Of course he wouldn't. Silly idea. I am mad to even suggest it...

And the fact that I'm in Edinburgh next weekend has nothing to do with it either.

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' post='1154876' date='Mar 9 2011, 07:46 AM']I need to stop looking at this. I'm starting to have silly thoughts. Like, for example "would the OP be interested in trading his V4 for my BFB Vintage and LH500?". Of course he wouldn't. Silly idea. I am mad to even suggest it...

And the fact that I'm in Edinburgh next weekend has nothing to do with it either.[/quote]

Never silly always worth a try. However you are most welcome to visit and have a bash on the rig. I have my heart set on a Hartke (Yes Hartke) kilo and ak410 cab.
I've been researching gear for ages now in an attempt to get something that would both 'fit' and make me feel OK about getting rid of my dream rig. This does! Ta much Billy! Also thanks to Dood who sparked my interest in Hartke through a pm some time ago.

cheers

andy