Why become a member? ×

Hi from France!

RandomProddy

(should quickly point out that I'm not actually french...)

Hey gang, was looking for ideas for bass playing and have unfortunately fallen for Gear Aquisition Syndrome! Hope you guys can give advice. Been learning bass on and off for a year or two and am now getting a group together.

Edited by RandomProddy

[quote name='RandomProddy' post='1134956' date='Feb 21 2011, 12:31 AM'](should quickly point out that I'm not actually french...)

Hey gang, was looking for ideas for bass playing and have unfortunately fallen for Gear Aquisition Syndrome! Hope you guys can give advice. Been learning bass on and off for a year or two and am now getting a group together.[/quote]

Hi, I live here too and my advice is not to buy anything in France as it's 8 times the price it should be.

Apart from that mon ami, welcome to basschat.

[quote name='leschirons' post='1136189' date='Feb 21 2011, 09:31 PM']Hi, I live here too and my advice is not to buy anything in France as it's 8 times the price it should be.

Apart from that mon ami, welcome to basschat.[/quote]

Indeed - I'm from Newcastle originally and am popping over next month to stock up on tea and chocolate (also picking up a pile of mail/Ebay purchases..)

[quote name='leschirons' post='1136189' date='Feb 21 2011, 09:31 PM']Hi, I live here too and my advice is not to buy anything in France as it's 8 times the price it should be.

Apart from that mon ami, welcome to basschat.[/quote]

8 times is an imperial exaggeration.

10 times would me more appropriate as it's metric.