Why become a member? ×

Hevos Bass Amps

3V17C

• 3 months later...

What I'm interested in with the Hevos gear is the twin power amps of the 800D which also offers 2ohm loading and a pre/power amp in a 1u rack mountable package. If it had twin inputs for 2 basses like the Eden WT1205 I'd be 90% happy (pending gig testing). Bit pricey with the Euro at its current rate though.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='191800' date='May 4 2008, 07:56 PM']If I wanted to have 2 basses plugged in at the same time I would get one of [url="http://www.ebs.bass.se/2007/microbass.htm"]these[/url].[/quote]
I have a 24 channel 1u rack mixer that takes care of all that right now.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='191800' date='May 4 2008, 07:56 PM']If I wanted to have 2 basses plugged in at the same time I would get one of [url="http://www.ebs.bass.se/2007/microbass.htm"]these[/url].

Oh, I have.[/quote]

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='191830' date='May 4 2008, 08:39 PM']I have a 24 channel 1u rack mixer that takes care of all that right now.[/quote]
You need another 22 basses then :)

[quote name='3V17C' post='129008' date='Jan 28 2008, 12:46 AM'].......

[url="http://www.hevos.nl/engels.html"]Hevos Bass Amps[/url]

amps look quite nice - though logo badge on cabs looks hideously cheap n nasty!!!

peace

c[/quote]

That link is worth following, if only for the name [b]Cedric Waterschoot[/b]. I know, I know, it's petty and infantile to laugh at foreigners and their funny names ... but that IS a good one.

Also rather taken with a web-site that opens with: [i]From Friday 25th of April until Saturday 3rd of May the complete staff of Hevos is abroad.[/i] After the threads about poor service at The Bass Cellar and at Sound Control, at least those shops were open!

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='193016' date='May 6 2008, 03:59 PM']Also rather taken with a web-site that opens with: [i]From Friday 25th of April until Saturday 3rd of May the complete staff of Hevos is abroad.[/i] After the threads about poor service at The Bass Cellar and at Sound Control, at least those shops were open![/quote]
All credit to Mr Hevos though, he DID return two of my emails during that time. Apparently they are prepared to send an amp out if paid for on 8 day approval or return.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='193016' date='May 6 2008, 03:59 PM']That link is worth following, if only for the name [b]Cedric Waterschoot[/b]. I know, I know, it's petty and infantile to laugh at foreigners and their funny names ... but that IS a good one.

Also rather taken with a web-site that opens with: [i]From Friday 25th of April until Saturday 3rd of May the complete staff of Hevos is abroad.[/i] After the threads about poor service at The Bass Cellar and at Sound Control, at least those shops were open![/quote]

isn't that just advertising to crooks and ne'erdowells? :)
yet more stuff for me to gas over but cant have. :huh:

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='193046' date='May 6 2008, 04:25 PM']All credit to Mr Hevos though, he DID return two of my emails during that time. Apparently they are prepared to send an amp out if paid for on 8 day approval or return.[/quote]
So what have you ordered?

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='193771' date='May 7 2008, 12:22 PM']So what have you ordered?[/quote]
Not until I get a new job. To be honest, they're almost twice the cost of a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0. Would I really be getting twice the value? As Poptart pointed out, I might as well get two Shuttle 6.0 amps if I need to send to two 4ohm cabs, plus I get stereo if I ever want it too. The Neo Paks also deliver to a 2 ohm load although not in a neat 1u rack space.

Hevos also mentioned they've been screwed over in the past in the UK although he didn't give any details. That would explain his reluctance to look at other distribution I guess.