Why become a member? ×

does anyone ever played the ibanez gwb35?

fiatcoupe432

[quote name='fiatcoupe432' post='1123038' date='Feb 10 2011, 07:13 PM']Hello basschatters im planning to get a ibanez gwb35,did anyone ever played one?
if so what you think?
Any comment is welcome
regards
Antoin[/quote]

I have one and think it's an excellent instrument, especially for the money, even more so if you can get one second hand.
(Note however that I've never played a real high-end fretless.)

Negatives:

The back of the bridge is known to lift slightly, but doesn't seem to be a serious problem
Some people have reported that the fret markers can be a bit proud (mine is fine however).
The stock pre amp is quite hissy if you turn up the treble, and for an active bass the output is quite low.

But:

Beautiful neck
Lovely tone,
Well balanced
Excellent build quality
A joy to play.

Retrofitting a Bartolini pickup and pre-amp seems to be a popular modification.
- I've actually bought these parts, but haven't got round to fitting them yet.

To sum it up, if I lost mine I would go straight out and buy another.

I like my GWB35. I've actually got it already upgraded with Bartolini 72BC5C but I didn't liked this pickup and installed the original instead. This Bartolini had too much low mids for me and muffled highs. The original pickup has rather low output but I don't really care, all my amps have volume knobs :)

As always, do your very best to try and play the bass before considering a purchase. I could play the bass and say it's the worst iv ever played, however you may find it to be the exact opposite :) Tone and playability is very much subjective.