Why become a member? ×

Spirit by Steinberger XZ-2 bass.

dave_bass5

I was just having a clear out at work and what do you know, i found my old headless bass.
It was made in the Cort factory i believe and feels really nice.

Its a shame it has a couple of large scratches on the front but other than that its in really good condition.

Its a bit 80's looking but i think ill give it a go at the next gig.

[attachment=71776:IMG_1335.JPG]

[attachment=71777:IMG_1334.JPG]

I had lent it out a few years ago to a guy here at work. He left and i assumed he had taken the bass with him.
Clearing out a load of old boxes etc from behind our production copier i found a box with the bass in it. Turns out he had popped in one day when i was off to return it and left it hidden so no one else took it.

My son will be delighted as he loved this bass and missed it more than i did. Ill do a gig with it but i realyl cant see me taking it out much, not without getting funny looks.

:) I've just rediscovered mine :) - when I traded it I was pretty disappointed with the output from the EMG Select P/ups (to be fair I was comparing it to my Jaydee and my VC- both megabucks compared to the Steinberger) - it sat on a stand in my living room and got very little use - TBH I've given it quite a slandering on this site not wanting any potential buyers to have raised expectations of it.

The strings were pretty filthy and lifeless so two nights ago I gave them and the frets a clean with White spirit - [b]breathed new life into it[/b]. I sat and played it (it's always had a nice low action and a fast neck..) for over an hour when I was finished!!

[b]I've had a complete change of heart with it...and my opinion too!! [/b]

Nige, if you're still interested in it your welcome to come and have a try..

I think its been there for about 2 years so not long i guess.
This was taken the day before i lent it out.

Mine has a nice low action as well, and i do like the tone from the two pups. Nothing really like a Jazz as they are both humbuckers (i assume).
I think i might get a new set fo strings for it but it doesn't need a set up.

[quote name='redstriper' post='1122868' date='Feb 10 2011, 04:53 PM']I love it - just checked my office and there's nothing even near as cool lying around.

If you ever want to sell it, give me a shout - or better still, lend it to me and I'll leave it behind the photo copier when I'm done. :)[/quote]

I also found two PC's, a set of crutches and a half drunk bottle of Finest Reserve Port. must be my lucky day.

A few years back we used to store my drummers kit and my bass rig ni this room and no one ever noticed it all. Its not a big room either, i just like to keep it messy.

Its a shame it has these two large scratches on the front.

[attachment=71782:IMG_1334a.JPG]

[quote name='redstriper' post='1122919' date='Feb 10 2011, 05:33 PM']PORT TOO !

Blimey.............

The scratches don't matter - think positive, at least it works :) .[/quote]

Yeah, its not going to affect the playing (unlike the Port hic ;-), its just a shame it happened on a white bass as it really is noticeable.