Why become a member? ×

Ibanez ATK - £95 BIN

Bassassin

Give me a slap for not knowing my JapCrap - but I don't think this is one of the re-issues.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IBANEZ-ATK-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ320212269313"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IBANEZ-ATK-Bass-Guit...emZ320212269313[/url]

I'm so tempted to just pull the trigger on this - but I don't, [i]really[/i] don't, need another bass.

One of you lot can go get it. Now. :)

Jon

Cheers for the heads up on that one, Jon.

I've just bought it. £95 + £15 for shipping? It has to be worth a look. It's worth double that all day long with a decent listing and nice photos.

An educated guess says it's one of the older Japanese ones as the new ones don't come in that finish or pick up config from what I can see on the Ibanez web site. It's a lovely looking piece of wood. Once it arrives I shall investigate and report back.

Edited by Sean

[quote name='WarPig' post='128521' date='Jan 27 2008, 01:47 AM']Post pics and a review! :)[/quote]

It'll be interesting to compare it against my Lakland Skyline 44-02 which has the same pup config and same style construction.

[quote name='Sean' post='128514' date='Jan 27 2008, 01:29 AM']Cheers for the heads up on that one, Jon.

I've just bought it. £95 + £15 for shipping? It has to be worth a look. It's worth double that all day long with a decent listing and nice photos.[/quote]My thoughts exactly - my first thought was to buy & resell - but I'm such a sucker for a nice bass I know I'd just have ended up keeping the bloody thing!

Anyway, great score, & I'm just chuffed it went to a BCer rather than an Ebay dealer. :) Make sure you post some piccies when it turns up.

J.

Yeah it's definitely not a current re-issue so if it comes through how it should then you have a bargain for that money. Failing that, you can always hang on to it for a bit, take some proper photos and make a better listing, and then stick it bay on Ebay and turn a few quid profit!

[quote name='noisedude' post='128660' date='Jan 27 2008, 01:14 PM']Failing that, you can always hang on to it for a bit, take some proper photos and make a better listing, and then stick it bay on Ebay and turn a few quid profit![/quote]
I've got a feeling that I'll be hanging on to it for the foreseeable. When the day does come, though it should make up a tiny bit for all the cash I've lost in depreciation over the years with other instruments! :)

I just hope the seller packs it properly and the courier doesn't jump up and down on the box - there's no case with it.

[quote name='barneythedog' post='128945' date='Jan 27 2008, 09:57 PM']If you do decide to turn it for a "small" profit let me know :huh:[/quote]
Oi - I spotted it - I get first refusal if Sean decides to move it on!

The rest of you can bugger off & wait your turn! :) ;)

J.

[quote name='Sean' post='128783' date='Jan 27 2008, 05:12 PM']I've got a feeling that I'll be hanging on to it for the foreseeable. When the day does come, though it should make up a tiny bit for all the cash I've lost in depreciation over the years with other instruments! :)

I just hope the seller packs it properly and the courier doesn't jump up and down on the box - there's no case with it.[/quote]
The only bad experience I've had in buying dozens of guitars off Ebay was one time when the guitar DID come with a hard case ... so the guy stuck an address label on it and slung it straight out. It was a Hiscox one with those catches that are really easy to knock open, I won't go into the details but by the time it was over I would have paid extra for it not to have a case but be boxed up instead.

Let us know how it works out!

Review coming tomorrow - I'll post it with pics in the review section but until then just know that I cannot believe how much bass I've got for the money. New quality strings and gigbag too! I rehearsed with it tonight so got to play it in anger but I've still no idea about the pick up switch settings.