Why become a member? ×

Nick Fyffe's old Warwick for sale in Darlington

markytbass

[quote name='markytbass' post='128417' date='Jan 26 2008, 08:08 PM']Saw it today, It's a Corvette Standard 5 string. Didn't look close enough to see if it was active or passive. There was a pic of Nick holding said bass. 799 quid.[/quote]

Nick Fyffe had a warwick? :) I thought he used Yamaha...re-educate me if wrong :huh:

Sounds Good, tho never a fan of him (esp live *argh*)....like Paul Turner tho, he's got some chops

[quote name='markytbass' post='128434' date='Jan 26 2008, 08:36 PM']I can't remember exactly what it said on the card but it implied that it was one of Nicks basses at some time. There is/was a Fender P bass in a Middlesbrough shop that I was told was used by the guy from the Levellers.[/quote]

(Without any background info or sourcing) I've never recalled Fyffe as a Warwick player, with that said it is a nice bass wouldn't be interested tho. Can't seem to relieve my stress for him :) just the particular hype I would read on Jamiroquai 2000 era he doesnt compare.
Examples..

Originality - [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gWY08D2jjlA"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gWY08D2jjlA[/url]

New line up attempt - [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BX5tnsfw5JY"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BX5tnsfw5JY[/url]

I've always thought he was never a funky player, never got me grooving, not an inspiration. I think now he's with Hard Fi, what a pointless band :huh: (blaintantly Im not a fan)

I don't know anything about Nick F in his pre-Jamiroquai days, but I'm pretty sure he was Yamaha (and a whole lot of effects) through-and-through. Whilst I'm not quite the ardent JK fan that I used to be the albums I very rarely play are the ones with NF on them. Horses-for-courses I guess, but he just didn't do it for me.

I'll quiz the guy next time I'm in there. I thought the price was a bit on the high side, but as has been said before if someone thinks it is worth that then it'll go. If not it may still be there in 12 months. I'm not a fan of either Nick or Jamiraquai, so to me it's just another Corvette.

I sometimes wonder why guitars/basses go for so much more just because who has owned them. Then again I buy to play not just hang on the wall.

[quote name='Sibob' post='128684' date='Jan 27 2008, 01:53 PM']Lol, he's not with Hard Fi

I think Nick Fyffe served his time in Jamiroquai very well, his playing suited their change in direction, like it or not (i preferred it).

Si[/quote]

lol I think he went in as a replacement on tour...oops! :)

I couldn't accustom the change to be honest, turned tremendously poppy.

Nick was using musicman and warwick basses when he first joined jamiroquai, the first tour he managed to pickup a white passive Zon bass, then he got the yamaha sponsership.
I've seen this bass about before, it was on the ebay with a picture of nick holding it in a control room somewhere. it still doesnt mean that nick owned this particular bass! its all kinda weird artist instruments, everyone here would probably kill for the "bass of doom" or "funkmachine", and that i understand. but why £800 for an ex band members so called instrument.
nick is still playing, he does a bit of teaching at guitar/bass-X every so often. he's playing with hard-fi on a session basis. their bassist isnt allowed back into america due to drugs charges, so nick goes on tour with them.