Why become a member? ×

Bass strap position.. whats yours...

bubinga5

I always used to go for the textbook 'keep it the same height as where it falls naturally in your lap sitting down' but I found that it was slightly high doing that and lowering it a smidge was more comfy. This means when I'm sitting noodling at home the strap doesn't support it at all but that doesn't seem a big problem, I often play one of my others sat down with no strap on at all.

Edited by KevB

I do move it about a bit but mostly quite low. You could probably see the top of my winkie if I was nekid.

Not that you would want to :)

[quote name='icastle' post='1113319' date='Feb 3 2011, 12:27 AM']I did a gig for a swingers club a few years back and didn't realise what it was until I was told three months later...

... I just thought the audience were friendly... :)[/quote]

Lol. We did one of those gigs a few years back, I had some woman try to undress me on stage. I would not of minded normally but she looked like Susan Boyle!!!

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1113501' date='Feb 3 2011, 09:37 AM']I cant see how anyone can play with the bass hanging around their thigh area. Respect to those who do.[/quote]

I seem to recall seeing an interview with Peter Hook who reckoned that playing his bass right down there was responsible for the back/neck problems he now has...