Why become a member? ×

ARRIVED!! CIJ Fender Matched CAR 62 RI Limited Run Jazz Bass

xilddx

[quote name='Raggy' post='1121935' date='Feb 9 2011, 09:28 PM']I've got to say, that is a truly gorgeous bass. I think when you put put the j retro in you will end up with a bass you'll keep for a very long time. Congrats.[/quote]
Thanks man! I wonder if you'll prove right, I haven't managed to yet :)

[quote name='Linus27' post='1121902' date='Feb 9 2011, 08:52 PM']SHOULD OF BOUGHT THE WHITE FENDER :):):):):lol::):D:):P[/quote]
HAHAHA! Perhaps. I didn't fancy dealing with a greedy bastard with poor comms skills though. I only like dealing with nice people, then I get a happy bass :lol:

[quote name='silddx' post='1121896' date='Feb 9 2011, 08:46 PM']Does your wife know you're a Pete Burns fan, mate?[/quote]

Pete Burns? Get thee to the opticians my man. And anyhow I've impeccable taste in women, the wife says I have and she's never wrong. :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1119345' date='Feb 7 2011, 07:57 PM']First time ever for me. I would, without question, never replace this bass without first trying the prospective replacement. This is the first time I have felt a deep connection with a bass. I hope it lasts.

It's hard to explain, but I feel that the notes I play on it are given back to me by the bass, they don't disappear, every not I play on it brings the bass closer to me. The bass does not remain the same, we give to each other and take from each other. The bass and me are synergistic. It's harder to play than my Warwicks, it has four frets missing, it's passive, it's a funny colour, the frets are too skinny, it's completely old fashioned. But the neck is wonderful and it responds to everything I do.

I realise it sounds stupid - it's wood and strings, but it's what I felt on Saturday night, and I still feel it. I truly loved my Warwicks because they were so reliable, great sounding and beautiful to play, but I never got this feeling from them. I don't get it from the Chris Squire Electra I built either. They are all tools. This is different. I wonder if the feeling will last? I've been searching for this feeling for a long time, once I realised it was possible. I had it with a guitar 20 years ago, a Aria Pro II that I modded very heavily. I wore the frets out after three years. I gave it to a friend.[/quote]

Ah man it's so good to hear this. This is how I felt with the $$ after playing for about 3 hours today! Hope you have years of happiness with it and don't get tempted by something else! :)

[quote name='Jam' post='1122158' date='Feb 9 2011, 11:59 PM']Ah man it's so good to hear this. This is how I felt with the $$ after playing for about 3 hours today! Hope you have years of happiness with it and don't get tempted by something else! :)[/quote]
Hey mate, I am also delighted for you! Great news! We both took a risk buying basses unplayed, and it worked fantastically :) I did panic a bit actually in between you picking up the $$ and me getting the Jazz!

Take care bud.

• 1 month later...

Well, well, bloody well.

I am missing my Warwick Corvette $$. I'm thinking of selling this to get a recent SH one with the very shallow Jazz style neck.

This 'un now has a J-Retro 01, it sounds gorgeous, it looks gorgeous, but I miss 24 frets and the Warwick ergonomics.

I'm such a flake. After all the things I said about it, how amazing it is, how it speaks to me, how utterly wonderful the neck is (all true aswell) I'm missing the Warwick vibe. Never thought I would.

How sad am I? f***ing sad.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='silddx' post='1188337' date='Apr 4 2011, 09:09 PM']Well, well, bloody well.

I am missing my Warwick Corvette $$. I'm thinking of selling this to get a recent SH one with the very shallow Jazz style neck.

This 'un now has a J-Retro 01, it sounds gorgeous, it looks gorgeous, but I miss 24 frets and the Warwick ergonomics.

I'm such a flake. After all the things I said about it, how amazing it is, how it speaks to me, how utterly wonderful the neck is (all true aswell) I'm missing the Warwick vibe. Never thought I would.

How sad am I? f***ing sad.[/quote]

:)

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1188347' date='Apr 4 2011, 09:16 PM']Nigel

If I could at all help you on this difficult journey you are undertaking, I would...

Why not keep the fender, and save up for a Warwick, an just enjoy both :)[/quote]
Yeah I know, mate. But I just spent a LOT of money on the car, and I promised myself long ago, no new money on the instruments.

[quote name='silddx' post='1188350' date='Apr 4 2011, 09:20 PM']Yeah I know, mate. But I just spent a LOT of money on the car, and I promised myself long ago, no new money on the instruments.[/quote]

Haha, how many have us said that!

At least you are safe in the knowledge that if you do want to buy a Warwick, the Market is certainly in your favour right now! (at least for a used one)

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1188368' date='Apr 4 2011, 09:32 PM']Haha, how many have us said that!

At least you are safe in the knowledge that if you do want to buy a Warwick, the Market is certainly in your favour right now! (at least for a used one)[/quote]
True-ish. I need a recent Warwick, I want the dimensions of the Jazz neck which the recent ones have. Plus, I don't really want a wood finish, I want paint! Preferably white.

Don't get me wrong, I love this Jazz. I think I've gone through so much foolishness about looks, brands, daft itches that need scratching, the joy of a new bass, the lust for a good Fender, that finally I may be calming down and simply need an instrument that allows me to just express myself with the tone I want, the comfort, the set up. Sod all that other sh*t that come foremost in the mind when lusting after a new instrument. Maybe I'll end up with a Goodfellow or a Mayones, who knows? I'm getting calmer and more sensible as I near 50 though, I think :) :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1188396' date='Apr 4 2011, 09:50 PM']True-ish. I need a recent Warwick, I want the dimensions of the Jazz neck which the recent ones have. Plus, I don't really want a wood finish, I want paint! Preferably white.

Don't get me wrong, I love this Jazz. I think I've gone through so much foolishness about looks, brands, daft itches that need scratching, the joy of a new bass, the lust for a good Fender, that finally I may be calming down and simply need an instrument that allows me to just express myself with the tone I want, the comfort, the set up. Sod all that other sh*t that come foremost in the mind when lusting after a new instrument. Maybe I'll end up with a Goodfellow or a Mayones, who knows? I'm getting calmer and more sensible as I near 50 though, I think :) :)[/quote]

Hey Nig, don't beat yourself up over this. You had an itch and you needed to scratch it. Its better to try and not like than never try and live in denial. No big deal if the Fender is not for you. Now you know and can move forward.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1188447' date='Apr 4 2011, 10:33 PM']Hey Nig, don't beat yourself up over this. You had an itch and you needed to scratch it. Its better to try and not like than never try and live in denial. No big deal if the Fender is not for you. Now you know and can move forward.[/quote]
Nice reassuring words my friend! Thank you!

I suppose I want a bass that can be my best friend. Normally best friends are the ones you don't drool on when you first meet them :)